Author Topic: First Post  (Read 985 times)

Wombat286

• View Profile
First Post
« on: April 28, 2020, 06:48:55 PM »
Hello Folks

Just bought my first ATV 2020 MXU 450i, do hope it's a good one. Looked for a couple of months before deciding on Kymco after reading many reviews and pricing other brands. As of yet I only have 4 miles on it. It's hard to shift right now, some folks say let it break in and it'll get easier. We shall see, if not we'll see what the dealer has to say.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »
Welcome!
Hope it's a good ride for you.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:39:43 PM »
If yours is anything like mine and several on here it is REAL cobby to start. You will have to "rock" the machine by hand when the engine is off and "blip" the throttle when it is running to get it to shift. You must be FULLY STOPPED to shift. There. I'm done yelling!

Welcome! You have questions? Someone on here has answers. ATV and Side x Side dealers tend to be a lot better than bike dealers, I think, about answering questions. But just come back here if yours brushes you off.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Wombat286

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:44:57 PM »
Thanks guys, yeah I can finally get it to change after rocking it or giving it bump to the throttle. Hope it does loosen up soon. So far I like it and the power, it will go faster than I care to that's for sure. I'll try to put some more miles on it before I contact the dealer.

CAJUNWOMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 01:07:46 PM »
I've had my 2020 since May... it does loosen up after break in...I got it up to 70mph before I ran out of road and the low gear... well it gets me out of anything I put it in... don't even really need 4x4 most of the time. Mine is still factory everything too. I love it... only downfall is lack of aftermarket parts.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()