Author Topic: super 8 50 headlights..  (Read 17069 times)

moz76

• View Profile
Re: super 8 50 headlights..
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »
zombie i cannot thank you enough .... ive learned so much in the short time my son has owned this bike , and im pretty sure ill have a whole lot of other things to learn before it goes ... thanks again ..
I can not be a traitor, for I owe him no allegiance. He is not my Sovereign; he never received my homage; and whilst life is in this persecuted body, he never shall receive it. William Wallace.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »
I did omit one issue... The high low switch... The way I suggested you will have low when the scoot is off, and High when you turn the key on.
Forget the ignition onto the relays. Send the ign. on to a THIRD relay. The +12v constant will be triggered from this one to the light relays. That way when you turn on the key it will light the lows. Your High beam switch will go to where I suggested the original ign on the light relays. It is one more relay but still the safest way to re wire their dooms day lighting circuit. These relays draw milliamps to activate so their is no excess load from the new relays.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

djdalex

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
Very helpful topic!
Got the same problem.

I'm stuck with one of the first steps.
"You will need to locate the wire that supplies =12V out when your key is turned on"

Got two wires that are 12V after turning the key on. One is going to the voltage controller, the other is coming straight from the key / wire.
When i connect this wire to pole #85 and the green tot pole #86 the fuse snaps....something goes wrong. Anyone a idea?

razvanvip_16

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
Very helpful topic!
Got the same problem.

I'm stuck with one of the first steps.
"You will need to locate the wire that supplies =12V out when your key is turned on"

Got two wires that are 12V after turning the key on. One is going to the voltage controller, the other is coming straight from the key / wire.
When i connect this wire to pole #85 and the green tot pole #86 the fuse snaps....something goes wrong. Anyone a idea?

can you put a picture or a draw with the connectial of cables in to the relays? make a draw a simple draw and wxplain thanks... srry for my bad english.... i„m an outlander

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »
having my s8 4t for 2 years now
and have the problem since day one
everything i learned from internet is that my s8 is a different electrical system from the scootergrisin made the mod
so there are different s8 europe , asia and us version maybe..
and the lights work perferctly fine without battery it doesnt go off .
my s8 headlight goes off after 2-3 seconds on low beam
but the problem is not present on high beam it keeps them on
so the solution direct wiring or no battery and kick starting every damn time :p

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 02:17:56 AM »
I remember these old posts, and understand why there are issues w/ scooter lights.
I completely understand the issues, and recommend LED replacement bulbs for everything in a 50cc. I can draw a chart for rewiring BUT not now. I'm F'd up

Re-post this tomorrow to remind me PLEASE.
Peace, Love, and Happiness

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »
zombie sometimes you piss me off :)))))
i have led everywhere
led on speedometer , led on plates , position light on led
but the problem is still there
the cdi gets broken after 1.5-2 years of use
if you change the cdi you'll get the lights back
direct wiring sounds danger
so kick starting my super 8 still working and lights back for sure without my battery

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »
Two years later, and I realized I never said You're Welcome.  You are Welcome sir!

I did omit one issue... The high low switch... The way I suggested you will have low when the scoot is off, and High when you turn the key on.
Forget the ignition onto the relays. Send the ign. on to a THIRD relay. The +12v constant will be triggered from this one to the light relays. That way when you turn on the key it will light the lows. Your High beam switch will go to where I suggested the original ign on the light relays. It is one more relay but still the safest way to re wire their dooms day lighting circuit. These relays draw milliamps to activate so their is no excess load from the new relays.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 12:38:38 AM »
Ok. I'll try. What you are calling a CDI I think is really the Light Module. The CDI is not connected to the lights at all. The Stator is.

Start w/ the S8 4T. There is a light module that I have no idea what it does because I never needed to know. I assume it is a rectifier but that don't matter.

To make your headlights come on w/ the engine you MUST have all leds, and electronic flasher relays installed first. The power, from the key switch can be extended to the HIGH BEAM BULB ONLY. Unplug everything else that connects to the bulbs except the ONE green wire, and add the new power from the key switch. Add yourself a 5 amp in line fuse, and you are done. The stator, and key switch can both handle the 35 amp bulb pluss the 6-7 peak using the blinkers, and running lights. YOU MUST HAVE ALL LEDS PERIOD

S8 2t is exactly the same. Only difference is the stator is a DC stator. There are more complicated ways to do this by adding a rectifier to the output of the AC stator, and using a relay to interrupt the current or adding a second regulator to the DC stator but the key switch is easiest, and will work fine.

Otherwise clean the headlight switches w/ PB Blaster (NOT CONTACT CLEANER) and replace the Light Control module in a 4t, or the stator in a 2t, and live with it.

CHEAP CHINA SCOOTERS! Don't get amped up over them. If it breaks your stones to deal with then you should have bought a Piaggio!

But I... You don't' understand I... They shouldn't be like...
 No buts, I do understand. They are like... cheap.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:41:10 AM by zombie »

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
@zombie you are a smart
but kymco doesnt sound to be cheap while s8 costs 1999$
most piaggios are in that price category im talking about 50-125cc
i had piaggio and i miss it so much never had any problem :s , but it was ugly as f*ck
got my beautiful s8 and being a friend with my mechanic aswell...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »
By Cheap I mean Plastic, and aluminum everything, and wiring that belongs in flashlights.

Kymco = cheap

http://www.apriliausa.com/motorcycles/sr-50-factory.html  =  quality (still slow tho)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()