Author Topic: HELP UPGRADING  (Read 6075 times)

maddog21

• View Profile
Re: HELP UPGRADING
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »
Ok being that mine is water cooled what bbk do you think is best for custom build

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 04:25:53 AM »
Thanks zombie you know your stuff i appriciate your advise and i want those parts you have so what else would i need to go with it and how will we do the deal i live indiana
I think it will be a beast with that cdi so tell me exactly what else i would need to make it right for my super9 lc snd how high are these safe to rev do you think with stock crank and will my next r pipe be good enough thanks alot for your infirmation it will help me alot. I advanced timing on my zuma myself by longating the holes it made big differance i waas surprised in the differance is it easy to do on the kymco to?

I'll  put together a parts list on this thread w/ the links you need for the dongle, ect...
We can payPal the deal so no issues there... I'll PM you w/ those details.

You can elongate the pulsar coil holes, and get a few degrees of advance. They also make an off set woofruff ket that fits Kymco. that adds another 3 degrees. Racing Planet has those.

I was thinking you had an AC engine. That Arisol BBK might be the only real option. Ask Josh at The Scooter Garage if there is a better kit. That I don't know.

If you combine the advance of the pulsar coil (approx 5*) w/ the woodruff keys 3*'s you will bring the initial advance up to 32* which is perfect. It will keep your power band timing low/safe but you will not make peak power nor will you get any over rev from the engine. It will sort of just stop making any usable power after approx 9k. If Josh has time to spare it may be worth your while to talk to him about this or refer him to this thread for his input.

The gains from the HPI are small but if you want to squeeze out all the usable power it is a 100% needed mod. I don't want to talk you into or out of it. I will let it all go for a more than fair price if you decide you want to get into hyper tuning the bike.
No worries on the crank at all. Kymco cranks/bearings/cases are bullet proof. I'v got a 44mm stuffed stroker crank in mine now, and trust me... I put that bike thru HELL! the OEM crank is in a spare engine I bought, and set up w/ a 50mm Jiangwayne jug. I can't kill the bottom end on these.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

maddog21

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 10:48:41 AM »
Hey thanks for advise and just let me know about those parts and pm when you have it ready i can paypal you when ready

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()