Author Topic: Which Gas do you use for kymco s8!!!  (Read 7909 times)

scooterman11

• View Profile
Which Gas do you use for kymco s8!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
Safe to run 110?

PeTroL42

• View Profile
Re: Which Gas do you use for kymco s8!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 01:10:39 AM »
Safe to run 110?

Shouldn't be a problem but you'd be wasting a lot of money unless you were able to replace your piston with a high compression piston and were also able to advance the ignition timing to take advantage of the additional octane.

Also, 110 octane fuel is usually Leaded but it shouldn't affect anything except polluting the air more.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 01:47:57 AM »
Shouldn't be a problem but you'd be wasting a lot of money unless you were able to replace your piston with a high compression piston and were also able to advance the ignition timing to take advantage of the additional octane.

Also, 110 octane fuel is usually Leaded but it shouldn't affect anything except polluting the air more.

+1   Well said... It's not the octane rating that gives you power, it's your engine... If you have a high compression engine, you need higher octane to prevent detonation... If you don't have a very high compression engine... stick to the fuel that will give optimum engine performance without detonation... If your engine doesnt detonate or knock with 87 octane, then use 87....

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 03:10:07 AM »
  At what ratio is a scooter high compression, mine is 10.8 to 1 some ive seen are 12 to 1  in days gone by any thing over 9 to 1 was considered high and all that was available was carbs,. I use 91 and I have no problems ,.  canadian tire gas bars 91 is pure gas,. no corn,.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 03:22:11 AM »
  At what ratio is a scooter high compression, mine is 10.8 to 1 some ive seen are 12 to 1  in days gone by any thing over 9 to 1 was considered high and all that was available was carbs,. I use 91 and I have no problems ,.  canadian tire gas bars 91 is pure gas,. no corn,.

The average for a gasoline engine would be more or less 10:1    More than that would be described as "High Compression"...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()