Author Topic: which helmet is best for kymco s8?  (Read 5503 times)

5oo

• View Profile
which helmet is best for kymco s8?
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:45:47 AM »
hey,
i would like to know what is best looking half helmet for kymco s8?
i mean dosnt look so big on head?!!!  ;D
thx

axy

• View Profile
Re: which helmet is best for kymco s8?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »
hey,
i would like to know what is best looking half helmet for kymco s8?
i mean dosnt look so big on head?!!!  ;D
thx

If you get a smaller head, you will need smaller helmet too.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

5oo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
no actually i dont have lol i have size Medium  :P
i tried a bunch of helmets but any fits good even german,,, any suggestion???

5oo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:43:46 AM »
so nobody driving s8 here? can anyone share what kind of helmet have?

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »
It really dosn't matter if you are riding a super 8 or a Harley-Davidson . A helmet is a personal choice as long as it is DOT approved . I have several helmets including a Bell Bandito . Good luck .
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:28:49 AM by juice »

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
The most comfortable helmet I have owned (and I have owned quite a few) is the one I bought with my Super 8.  It's a Fulmer modular helmet with an internal flip down visor.  I really wasn't worried about it looking to big, I want people to see me and not run into me.  Here's a pic of me riding the Super 8 wearing the Fulmer.  the dealer sold it to me at cost but regular price is only $149

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
The most comfortable helmet I have owned (and I have owned quite a few) is the one I bought with my Super 8.  It's a Fulmer modular helmet with an internal flip down visor.  I really wasn't worried about it looking to big, I want people to see me and not run into me.  Here's a pic of me riding the Super 8 wearing the Fulmer.  The dealer sold it to me at cost but regular price is only $149.  I know you are looking for a half helmet but a half helmet won't protect your face.

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

mrpackerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »
I'm assuming that helmet doesn't fit under the seat.  Looks sweet though.  Probably fits easily in your back case.
The most comfortable helmet I have owned (and I have owned quite a few) is the one I bought with my Super 8.  It's a Fulmer modular helmet with an internal flip down visor.  I really wasn't worried about it looking to big, I want people to see me and not run into me.  Here's a pic of me riding the Super 8 wearing the Fulmer.  the dealer sold it to me at cost but regular price is only $149

2007 Silver Agility 50
2009 Green Super 8 150

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »
I'm assuming that helmet doesn't fit under the seat.  Looks sweet though.  Probably fits easily in your back case.

That's one reason I got the tail case. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

5oo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 11:36:20 PM »
It really dosn't matter if you are riding a super 8 or a Harley-Davidson . A helmet is a personal choice as long as it is DOT approved . I have several helmets including a Bell Bandito . Good luck .
ok cool thanks looks good!!!!

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »
DOT approved open face helmets will look big.
I have an HJC open face with a drop down shield.  It looks sporty enough, but looks big when on my head.
I only use it on the hottest days.  Otherwise, I find that it is awkward and lets air hit my eyes in an unpleasant way.
I have to recommend a full faced helmet as the most versatile, most protective, and best looking real helmet.
I use a Scorpion EXO700 and have been very pleased with it.
There is a saying "If you have a $10 head, get a $10 helmet".  Do you need a $500 helmet, no, but get as good a helmet as you can.
As far a matching your super 8, a full face looks good with this sporty scooter.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 02:04:19 PM »
DOT approved open face helmets will look big.
I have an HJC open face with a drop down shield.  It looks sporty enough, but looks big when on my head.
I only use it on the hottest days.  Otherwise, I find that it is awkward and lets air hit my eyes in an unpleasant way.
I have to recommend a full faced helmet as the most versatile, most protective, and best looking real helmet.
I use a Scorpion EXO700 and have been very pleased with it.
There is a saying "If you have a $10 head, get a $10 helmet".  Do you need a $500 helmet, no, but get as good a helmet as you can.
As far a matching your super 8, a full face looks good with this sporty scooter.

There is no evidence that a $500 dollar helmet will protect you any better than a $150 helmet.  For protection the single biggest factor is full face vs open face.  
As for looking big or not, who cares.  If you're that concerned with image then you should be riding a Harley.
Get a helmet that fits and is comfortable.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:41:39 PM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »
DOT approval is the single most important rating... if the helmet is $10 or $1000, the rating is the only important part for functionality.  The better helmets have better padding that make the helmet more comfortable and as the price goes up, so does the lifespan of the padding.  Note, the foam is what protects your head, not the padding. The padding is for comfort. I have a GMax modular helmet, about $120.. I like being able to flip up the face in the city, at stoplights and when getting gas... then flip it down and take on the bugs and rocks out in the countryside at highways speeds, while keeping all my teeth in place.  If your only riding city, your not as likely to take a rock to the face.  If you are on the freeway, or the highway, half helmets only do half the job.  Look at vents if you are worried about "hot days".  Good venting at speed means plenty of airflow to keep the sweat down... My helmet is black and I have no problems on 100+ degree days... 55mph of airflow feels really good even with the mask down.  I bought my wife a more expensive GMax (Pink with the Ribbon on it)... it has better padding, flip down sun visor and a few extra vents... the foam is the same (as it is in all helmets).  More money pays for features and style (=happier wife)... not a "better" helmet.  As far as brand and which is better... try them on!  A $500 helmet is going to be more comfortable to wear.  The foam is only good for one accident (or drop) and it will last about 10years or so... regardless of whether it sits in a garage or is used every day.  Your paying for comfort.  If you use your bike once a year, save your money... if you use it everyday, spend the money to make the ride that much more comfortable.  The fit of the helmet is going to vary from one person to the next... it was a coincidence that my wife liked the fit of the GMax over the other brands we tried on.  Once you know what brands fit you really well, then go shopping for a helmet and pick your style and features.  I've smashed a few helmets off road... some of my favorite helmets were cheap and extremely comfortable.  The most expensive helmet I had was also the least comfortable and became my loaner helmet to friends as I went back to my "cheap" helmet... the fit was just perfect for me with the cheap ones.  Only fit matters and that doesn't change with price.
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 12:00:42 AM »
This article doesn't necessarily pertain to scooter helmets....but I ride DH bikes and ran across it yesterday.  I own both a DH helmet as well as a DOT helmet.  If anyone is interested in a helmet study pertaining to safety regulations/standards, check it out.  I wore my DH helmet on my scoot for about 2 yrs before I bought a DOT approved one.  I know it's not legal...just didn't have the money to buy another.  At the slower speeds which many of our scoots achieve, especially 50cc, DOT standards may not actually protect your brain better.  DOT and especially SNELL hold their standards/protection to a higher speed rating, which can actually cause more injury in a lower speed collision.  I know many people that wear a DOT helmet on their DH bike with the assumption that it protects your head better, when in actuality it may be worse.  Consider that I've hit speeds of 50 - 55 mph on my DH bike, the pro's are at least 10 mph faster...that is why a select few, but not many, opt for a DOT helmet. 

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/DH-Helmets-vs-Motocross-Helmets-Which-Is-Safer.html

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 01:53:26 AM »
Right, choosing the right helmet is a personal choice, design, color, graphic design, type, etc. As long as it is DOT approved or other accepted safety standard, it doesnt matter. I have a black Thailand made AM Helmet with silver graphics because my S8 is black with silver. I use this full face everyday. I also have a half face when travelling very short distances. Choose a helmet, put it on, look in the mirror..like what you see? If yes, then buy it. Ah, there's also another factor...price.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()