Author Topic: Valves  (Read 1603 times)

HeyZeus

• View Profile
Valves
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:50:53 AM »
So I watched the video and it was helpful. Thank you for posting it, . My Super 8 has a decal that says .1mm for intake and exhaust valves. The video says .004 in. This bugged me for a bit until I figured out .1mm is .004 in.  :-\  Anyway the bike is running nice. I did the gear oil as well. I used Ipone Trans scoot oil. I have a Black 2012 150 Super 8.  I also adjusted the valves on my SYM Wolf 150 as well.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Valves
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »
Way to go HeyZeus! I think I know your brother, HeyYo!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

rnunesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
Hello
Anyone know the value for Kiymco Like 125cc valve clearance adjustment? is not in manual.

Thanks.

tjupille

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »
I think all GY6 engines call for 0.004"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »
I would agree. I found a cool trick but use it with a disclaimer. Adjust them hot. I run the scoot around town, and adjust the valves so they just touch the tappets, and lock them down. Using the "book" I would still hear them tapping. Using the Hot method there is NO sound, and they stay put.
No tapping=less wear=less adjusting.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()