Author Topic: Vibration  (Read 2615 times)

robertsla

• View Profile
Vibration
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
 I have new 09 Super 8 150, put on 1900 miles the fisrt 5 weeks, my problem is vibration at 40mph and above, real bad between 40 and 50,
dealer has tried to tell me this normal for this bike, I don't think so. The bike is going back to dealer this thursday to have him ride it for a while. Has anybody else had this same problem? If so can any thing be done to fix it?

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Vibration
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
My super 8 is smooth as glass until about 53 MPH on the speedo when engine vibration picks up a little bit.  It never gets bad even at top speed.  There is something wrong with yours.

Is it engine vibration or vibration from the front wheel?  On rough roads the front end will vibrate.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

robertsla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »
I took the bike to the dealer this afternoon, he did feel that the rear tire is the problem and is going to get with Kymco (rep) to solve problem.
Thanks for the come back. My wife has a Vespa 150 which rides realy smooth, she will not ride my Kymco due the vibration. Hopefully now the problem will be fixed............

Wally Wildfire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 01:51:33 AM »
Hi. I have the vibration problem too. Any updates to report? It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

What kind of bike you have? A Miyagi Turbo actually...

alandok85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »
Hey guys I had a bad vibe too until I tried a crazy mod a guy on another forum told me about, break your tires bead and pour in exactly 6 oz. Of high grade air soft pellets, they work just like dyno-balls but cost. A fraction of the price. I have rode on them for over 500 miles no vibe no problems. Also check your rear brake I had mine too tight according to my dealer and it was scratching the drum as it rode.

sentinex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 07:58:17 AM »
I took the bike to the dealer this afternoon, he did feel that the rear tire is the problem and is going to get with Kymco (rep) to solve problem.
Thanks for the come back. My wife has a Vespa 150 which rides realy smooth, she will not ride my Kymco due the vibration. Hopefully now the problem will be fixed............

off topic
What are the odds, I have a kymco super 8 150 and my wife has a Vespa 150, we should form a club or something.... ;D ;)

on topic

I have a slight vibration once I passes 45, but nothing serious, what is annoying is at low speed the wheel makes a noise like is dry, maybe it needs some grease, but i need to find where to apply.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
@ sentinex.  A club? maybe, but EBs will be a problem since a lot of members live at different parts of the world.

My Super 8 125 doesn't vibrate. Maybe because of the smaller displacement? My only comment is the stiff suspension when speeding after 50. Scoot feels like a rodeo horse on not-so-smooth road. However, the Super 8 rides smooth with a back-rider which I have everyday.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()