Author Topic: Super 8 Carburator  (Read 3475 times)

Dion

• View Profile
Super 8 Carburator
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:43:47 AM »
Hi - I've been exploring what information is available re the Carburator on my S8 150 and the only basic information I can get is that it's a Keihin 37/16.

I've found a company in Michigan which can build up a jetting kit for it but I need to figure out exactly which model is on my bike.

( I got my bike earlier this week and it is remarkable! There were a few set up issues but they will be resolved by the weekend and the only complaint is the tires leave much to be desired. Has anyone tried the Avon Viper Venom's on this size bike? ) 

Dion - Ozarks, AR
S8 150
P 250 (2005)
Moto Guzzi Astore (1948)
Moto Guzzi GTW (1937)
Moto Guzzi G5  (1975)
A bunch of Triumphs
A Velocette or two
A few Kawasakis
Honda GB500 (1989)
Etc .

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
Re: Super 8 Carburator
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32:58 AM »
The carburetor used on your Super8 150 is a Kehin 22MM. I am not sure what you mean by someone building you a jet kit? Sounds like an overpriced kit to those that aren't familiar with carburetor tuning.
I have heard most here soldering and drilling there main jet to accomplish the results they are looking for, personally I have never taken this route in all my past tuning experience.
I am not sure what you are trying to achieve and your modifications are to where you want to start re=adjusting the carburetor.  When tuning a CV (Constant Velocity) carburetor I only change the following, Main Jet and the spring pressure of the slide. Main jets can be bought separately through many websites for under 5.00 a piece.

Dion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply ... the reason for the question is due to the acquisition of a Two Brothers exhaust system - you can't change one thing without adjusting the other end of fuel delivery. Keihin has at least 4 specific model designations / designs for their carbs. The size doesn't refer to the model type.

Kymco is no help in this issue, treating it something like a bizarre trade secret. Which seems to refer also to the lack of digital service manuals and even a parts catalogue. This will be done after the variator, rollers and clutch are completed over winter. I got ahead of myself as the price for the exhaust system was down right silly and it was a one time deal ... so it will sit until the rest of the S8 is completed. If I find the model designation, I'll post it here.

Dion

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply ... the reason for the question is due to the acquisition of a Two Brothers exhaust system - you can't change one thing without adjusting the other end of fuel delivery. Keihin has at least 4 specific model designations / designs for their carbs. The size doesn't refer to the model type.

Kymco is no help in this issue, treating it something like a bizarre trade secret. Which seems to refer also to the lack of digital service manuals and even a parts catalogue. This will be done after the variator, rollers and clutch are completed over winter. I got ahead of myself as the price for the exhaust system was down right silly and it was a one time deal ... so it will sit until the rest of the S8 is completed. If I find the model designation, I'll post it here.

Dion

Well Dion
You can do either one of 2 things.
Contact Keihin since they make the carburetor and would know.
Search the web using Google.

Does your carburetor have the TPS on it to retard the timing.

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »
Super 8 Carburator is one of the best things for every vehicle's performance. It is very useful to increase  a life of your Engines. It is very necessary for every one to get a better mileage and average in your Vehicle.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »
Look at the top left side of your carb. It should have CVK stamped into the top. http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/  This site has the parts breakdown for you. Anything you order gets a forum discount. Just mention us, and save a few bucks.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()