Author Topic: Best glue for broken windscreen/body moulding?  (Read 736 times)

WafflesMcDuff

• View Profile
Best glue for broken windscreen/body moulding?
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:31:48 AM »
So I fell off my scooter this morning (mud patch on bicycle path cause front tire to skid out).
And when the scooter went over, the corner of the wind screen broke off. What's the best glue to reattach the piece?

Also a piece of the body moulding broke as well. (see attachment - I've circled the part). What is the best glue to use here?

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Best glue for broken windscreen/body moulding?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
  on my scooter parts are made of ABS same as plumbers glue, give it a try on a hidden place, back of a panel

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
If there's a crack I'd recommend drilling a small hole at the end of it to stop it from cracking any farther. You'll probably want to glue a backing strip on the backside of the repair for strength on the body panel. Five minute or quick set epoxy will probably work unless you can find someone with a plastic welder. The windscreen I've drill stopped the crack & then drilled holes on each side & used wire ties every couple inch/couple cm's to hold it together. Kind of gives it a Frankenstein look, or some character :o
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:38 AM »
  on my scooter parts are made of ABS same as plumbers glue, give it a try on a hidden place, back of a panel

X    2 But you will need the cleaner that gos with it or in wont hold. look for pvc  glue and cleaner.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()