Author Topic: I am Liking my new Like  (Read 732 times)

SeniorScooter

• View Profile
I am Liking my new Like
« on: September 23, 2018, 02:14:19 AM »
Hi scooterists,
Just bought a new to me 2018 Like 200i. It had less than 500 miles on it. Got a good deal. Was looking for something bigger, having had an Aprilia Atlantic 500 and a Yamaha Majesty 400. Was looking at a larger scooter, but saw this and felt that for just cruising around and running errands, this should work fine. Just received the windshield and installed it yesterday. Chose the Scoot 66 by Slipstreamer . Found it on ebay for 72 dollars. It is shorter and since I am 5'8", it deflects the wind just over my helmet. I added a home-made backrest using a Ryobi toolbag filled with air pillows used for shipping. Feels good on the lower back. I also added a footrest that extends out 5" beyond the edges of the scooter so I can move my feet out a bit on a longer trip. Then...a "poor man's cruise control" using a rubber o-ring between the throttle grip and the metal end. That way I can drop my hand to get circulation back without losing speed. Making short trips around the hood for now while I get used to the handling. Seems to run well and is fairly quick. Getting considerable road vibration at 50mph but I did bring the tires up to spec inflation. Maybe I should take a pound or two out? Lots of good info on this forum. Thanks to all the scooter people for posting. I can add some pics if I can figure out how.
Scoot with others the way you would want them to scoot with you.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: I am Liking my new Like
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »
Welcome to the circus, Senior!

Being nosey - so what did a 2018 LIKE200i go for with 500 miles on the clock?
Think my ("We never discount!") dealer is still asking the $2500 MSRP.

5 years ago the MSRP was $2600. The summer of 2010 the launch MSRP was $3399 !!

It is a good, reliable and pretty tough little scooter.

Yeah, the suspension at 50mph does leave a lot to be desired (like a lot of scooters in this range).
What I do is find out which roads to avoid for future rides. (well, that and I rebuilt the seat to get rid of the mid-seat pan ridge)
I always felt the scoot was beating itself up on really bad roads....even if my rebuilt seat had improved things for me.
I really make a point of sticking to the smoothest roads possible .
Play with the suspension settings to see what works best for you.

What color did you get?

Again, welcome!
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

SeniorScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:09:52 PM »
The man I bought this from had a Burgman 400 for sale. An older gent had just bpight the Like and had 400 miles on...and (I know how that goes) REALLY liked scootin', but wanted bigger, faster machine. He asked the man..."can I trade my scooter in to YOU?" Yes, he replied. He bought it for riding in the campground and brought it camping and gave his little dog rides on it. Sold the camper. Little dog went to the Big Sleep. No longer needed the scooter. The ad was for 1650 (with 475 miles) and I got it for a little less. It is white...like our car!

The seat ridge IS bothersome. I used an electric meat carving knife on my Gold Wing seat and topped it with a gel pad. May be looking with an evil eye toward the Like seat one dark and rainy night  ;D

If I were to write on the signature line all the 2 wheelers I have had ... starting with my Cushman Husky at age 12, some here might think I was stretching it a bit for bragging rights,...so for now I will just say that so far this latest scoot is a hoot and a credit to it's brethren.

Will try to add a pic or two if I can do so without crashing the site.

Scoot with others the way you would want them to scoot with you.

fishcutter44

• Rhode Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:20:16 AM »
Hi Seniorscooter,
Welcome to the forum and Kymco ownership!  Think you will be pleased with your new steed; I also have had a variety of two-wheelers (MCs and scooters) and am very happy with my new (to me) Like 200i.  You can find a lot of helpful info here, though you probably won't need too much.  These scoots are known for reliability.
Ride safe!
Kurt
2016 Kymco Like 200i
2005 Bajaj Chetak
2017 Honda Metro
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
1965 Fuji Rabbit Touring

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 03:46:43 PM »
Wow, great deal on that.  Bought the EXACT same one a few months ago brand spanking new, and paid $2400 out the door.  So yeah, I'd say you got a bargain.  So far I'm loving mine, and have noticed that once I got past 600 miles she really started opening up and smoothing out.  I'm also a lifelong biker (still got four) but new to scooters, and am delighted to find how fun and practical they are.  And seeing that I'm now in my dotage, it's great to know I can STAY on two wheels for years to come.  Welcome to the forum.
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()