Author Topic: ...look out worrld...  (Read 60807 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: ...look out worrld...
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2010, 02:40:28 AM »
Got to run,time to bbq got some new york steaks and hungry people staring at me  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2010, 02:41:15 AM »
..laters...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2010, 02:43:48 AM »
There not to michanical,The dealer told her not to let me touch her p150 while under warrenty  ;D

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2010, 02:53:54 AM »
..they act like valves on a 4t..they are thin "petals" of stainless steel that flex open and slam closed at the chamber's intake...

..carbon fibre upgrades are available, and the difference in their thickness..(.030-.033" per say) determine low and top end power..they react similar to variator roller weight adjustments...

i think that made me finally understand the reed thing.

thanks

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2010, 03:03:47 AM »
I'm running the mollassi veriater,b bore kit and the dr slider clutch with the 8 1/2 g rollers 1000 rpn spring and stock dr pully flies,I need to play with these a bit more but didn,t bring them  all made slight differences.Threw all this together just before the trip and wish  i brought 9 and 10 g rollers a hand full of jets and my fatter needle jet,makeing all my power at 55mph and running to 60 for any length of time it will shut down.It's working so hard i think i'm running the fuel out of the float bowl I had my scoot tuned for cooler wet weather not 95 plus.Seems to me you should try a heavier wheight I'd try a 7.0 or a 7.5.Just did that to my brother inlaws 2002 stock pipe k/n filter shimmed the needle up(2 beer can widths) and drilled the main out to 90+and 7.5 rollers.Hey dre what is your main jet size.The big tire did throw all my stuff off had to upjet and play with the transmition.If you did the front tire also it will change your speedo 3to5mph slower(closer to true speed)it also made my mid weaker but great top.thats why i bought the more tuneable clutch and its back to the drawing board when i get home  ;)
[/quote

when i had the heavier rollers with my engine and everthing being stock and me being heavy and the HUGE tire it had no pull. I still have that stock size tire on the front. I think without going to a bigger bore the huge tire is just a bad idea! the only reason i haven't changed the tire i because i might go big bore. its just o tough stock. but i'm right at 20,000. something's got to be ready to go. and i'm still spinnin slidin and flying past 4 stroke 50's. shim the needle you lost me! i noticed you've come to the 2 stroke side wordslinger my friend!           

art

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2010, 05:12:59 AM »
Hey dre unless you got the carb word has,the needle jet is not tunable but there is a spring under the cap in the slide that can be forced up a bit to run a little richer with a couple shims,beer cans work great.Tried to follow your posts back,might need a refresher,but your not running an open air box and stock main jet. all our tuneing is with open air box and BIGGER JETS!!!You want to open the jets up till they sputter than drop down a hair a 95# main seems to be the best start or start drilling,That motor has some life left,you will be suprized,for us with this tuneing We have had to go up in weight to get the power back at the top end if i were to run a 6 or 7g roller I would top out so fast 0 to 40 and be working the motor at meltdown stage if you pushed any harder,might be smoking the tire and wheelying at the same time If the belt holds Ha!So I'd say bigger jets and k/n filter,if it does blow you'll need this stuff for the big bore kit anyway!Forgot what year you had seems the 99 to 2001 have a better stock carb.Word has come to the dark side,these bikes are banned in california!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2010, 10:51:15 AM »
noticed you've come to the 2 stroke side wordslinger my friend!   

..i had the opportunity to get a people when i bought my a50...

..live and learn...

;D

..imma still build my guilty, as soon as i get this one where i'm comfortable with riding it daily to work and back (35 mile round trip)..

..that was still one fast stock A50 ...

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
Hey dre unless you got the carb word has,the needle jet is not tunable but there is a spring under the cap in the slide that can be forced up a bit to run a little richer with a couple shims,beer cans work great.Tried to follow your posts back,might need a refresher,but your not running an open air box and stock main jet. all our tuneing is with open air box and BIGGER JETS!!!You want to open the jets up till they sputter than drop down a hair a 95# main seems to be the best start or start drilling,That motor has some life left,you will be suprized,for us with this tuneing We have had to go up in weight to get the power back at the top end if i were to run a 6 or 7g roller I would top out so fast 0 to 40 and be working the motor at meltdown stage if you pushed any harder,might be smoking the tire and wheelying at the same time If the belt holds Ha!So I'd say bigger jets and k/n filter,if it does blow you'll need this stuff for the big bore kit anyway!Forgot what year you had seems the 99 to 2001 have a better stock carb.Word has come to the dark side,these bikes are banned in california!

i have no idea what size the jet is. i kept opening it up with torch tip cleaners. im sure i got a pretty big jet. i had it to big and had to solder and go down one. and its a 2001 BEAST! HA! I can smoke the tire now! i've probably already wore the new belt out!
noticed you've come to the 2 stroke side wordslinger my friend!   

..i had the opportunity to get a people when i bought my a50...

..live and learn...

;D

..imma still build my guilty, as soon as i get this one where i'm comfortable with riding it daily to work and back (35 mile round trip)..

..that was still one fast stock A50 ...

im stuck on two strokes! they dont have cams do they?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
O.k.you got the good carb did you raise that needle,might give ya some more mid.If you can smoke the tire,your makeing some power,for me I'd like a little more top at the expence of wheelies and tire smoke(although its fun at the lights!)Might want to take a look at that clutch,probably showing some signs of wear and glazing.check out sip scooters has some good prices,of corse if there pick up the multivater and the long belt Ha!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »
and its a 2001 BEAST! HA! I can smoke the tire now!

...wooo-hooooo!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2010, 01:58:14 AM »
..i bet you will with 6.5 g rollers!!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2010, 02:03:04 AM »
...okay, this is a bit disturbing...

..with the 9 g rollers, and the 1000 contra spring, my belt is showing that it's hitting my starter bendix....

..imma go back to the oem contra spring....

art

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2010, 02:07:39 AM »
Did you go back to the stock drive face.Been playing with mine all day.now running the 10g white contra and stiffer fly's.not right yet but my top is amazing again!I love parts!!! HA!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2010, 02:12:29 AM »
..i'm keeping the drive face...i believe it's a necessity...might be wrong...

...top speed RULZ....even with a wheezing reed... but my belt is rubbing the starter at some point...

..hmmm....

art

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2010, 02:13:11 AM »
My main problem was roller weights to light with the longer belt(it was slipping)Belt looked ok for the abuse I put it through.Now got a little lag on take off but comes on earlier at 1/8 throttle and mid still needs a boost but great at 40+ and getteing there a little quicker.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()