Author Topic: ...look out worrld...  (Read 60831 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: ...look out worrld...
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:27 PM »
..i saw a ppl just like ours today art...

..going in the opposite direction..

..i waved and stopped but he didnt...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »
..i don't remember, i got it from Josh, when i got the NCY upgrade kit for my guilty..

...i'll look tho, as imma do some clutch swapping...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
His loss could have had him going 60 in no time.O.K. I think you have stumbled on to something here.The malossi replacment is a 61/11153 738/9/18/28 the next best match would be a 61/13501 743/9/18/30.I don't know how much difference the dagrees will make but the length should be good.The malossi side by side with the bando was even shorter!Now with the 9g roller and short belt I've got to be hitting damn near 70mph.now with anouther 3/8 to 1/2 taller gear this could get interesting!The nyc belt would be even a bit taller although I might be in danger of running it right out of the veriater  ;D anybody deliver belts overnihght  Ha! wish you were close We might be seeing some neww people top speeds. Just ordered the last one from provoscooters.Gates was the brand.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:16:09 PM by art »
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »
..the downside is, there is a speed loss uphill...which i'm trying to tackle with a bit lighter rollers, and stiffer torque drive spring...

..what are the stock roller weights?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »
Should be 8.5. a set of 8g should do.Of course  a pipe and pod will eliminate all that ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2010, 03:45:44 AM »
..so, i opened the cvt..the oem belt is the same length as the "stock" a50 belt...

..it ssays KYMCO  23100-KEB7-9000  BANDO...

..further observation shows that it has never ridden all the way up on the drive face..

..do i need a longer belt??

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2010, 03:54:21 AM »
I screwed up on the post The belt that was in the people is the wrong one It needs a 23100-KCX-9000  OR a Gates pl 20601 will fit. The gates # is a kevlar belt the same as the malossi.   23100-KEB7-9000  BANDO...  is a shorter belt. I think that one is the 699 mm   The oem belt is around 33 bucks, the gates is 39 bucks, and the Malossi is 50 bucks IF you can find one. The only difference I found so far is the gates is not as "sticky" as the Malossi, and does slip some when it is "cold".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
With regards to the shorter belt, would they fit those to go with the restricted drive boss. Since the variator is not going to close fully a longer belt is not needed?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2010, 03:56:38 PM »
Ya if you order from malossi or oem for the people 50 they give you the 699 I know I've seen the kcx for another scoot,Do you remember the model?The restricted drive boss does make sence.Got the gates on order,we'll see what happens.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2010, 02:38:19 AM »
Both of you guys are right. The KCX is for the People/AC super 9/ZX/Super Fever. The KEB7 fits the Agility, and some others. I learned toooo much about belts over the past weeks. Also the 669 is length... the 18.5 is width, and the 28.5 is the side wall angle.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2010, 02:47:48 AM »
Got the gates put on today plus the dr slider clutch and bell.ran with the 9g little weak in the mid,but once up to speed could cruise at 40 with less than an 1/8 throttle at 1/4 throttle could cruise easly with the speedo peged 1" past the 50 mark  and had a ton left its deffinatly running taller in the gears now.not enouph road here in the neighborhood,but could only pull my test hill at 40.Got to try the 8.5 next. I need me a gps!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2010, 02:54:01 AM »
Good stuff Bro!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2010, 03:02:25 AM »
It's almost incredible Ha!Getting ready for a trip for a week,I'll try to keep ya posted.Been modifying the subaru to bring a scoot with me,It's going to work!Yey!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »
Got the gates put on today plus the dr slider clutch and bell.ran with the 9g little weak in the mid,but once up to speed could cruise at 40 with less than an 1/8 throttle at 1/4 throttle could cruise easly with the speedo peged 1" past the 50 mark  and had a ton left its deffinatly running taller in the gears now.not enouph road here in the neighborhood,but could only pull my test hill at 40.Got to try the 8.5 next. I need me a gps!

...dude...i missed this post...i was away for a cpl days....

..SEE!!!!...the long belt is awesome...and my scoot seemed to have MUCH lower rpms at 60...than it did at 45-50 with the 23100.....seemed like it was breathing a lot easier...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »
With the 9g I could get most of my gas milage back and I think i could be knocking on 80mph!Ha!If i could get the take off of a 8g and a top of the 9g It would be something.The 8.5 got me up the test hill about 4 mph quicker,but working harder when speedo is pegged.The dr slider has 2 sets of flys going to have to play with that a bit.Don't have time leaving tommarrow WITH SCOOT!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()