Author Topic: Various Grandvista parts needed  (Read 1425 times)

perkussion

• Genuine Buddy - SYM RV250 - 09 Grand Vista sold!
    • View Profile
Various Grandvista parts needed
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
Hi everyone,
I was lucky enough to see a Craigslist ad for a 2009 Grandvista for an excellent price.
It had been stolen and because the dumbass crooks didn't have a key they destroyed several things:
The latch that was attached to the underside of the seat is gone -broken clean off.
The gas filler cap has a big gouge in it when they tried to pry it open -they also broke off the ring that goes around it.
They also dropped it because the left side mirror is broken and the crankcase cover has several cracks and small pieces missing.
The center hook is also missing for some reason. Various scrape marks throughout -some pretty deep.

Going over it carefully I noticed that the crooks must've had it partially taken apart and then tried to put it back together.
There are several non-matching screws and several places where there were no screws at all.

Even though the police recovered it, the original owner wanted nothing to do with it after he saw the condition it was now in.
With only 592 miles on it I think it is worth fixing.

If anyone has any of the parts described above please respond.
Thanks

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Various Grandvista parts needed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
Hi, perkussion, Congrats on your Grand Vista find!

Welcome to the forum!!

And good luck with your parts!!! :)

perkussion

• Genuine Buddy - SYM RV250 - 09 Grand Vista sold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »
Thank you for welcoming me Rianna.
I am hoping to get parts from a salvaged Grand Vista if possible.

We had a Cobra Cross for a few months -back when my wife was checking out the 'scooter thing'.
I needed a center stand spring so I shopped online @ a Kymco parts site that has 'numbers' in it's title.
The spring cost less than $2 but the shipping was over $15 !!! I won't be shopping there anymore.

If I have no luck finding parts here, I'll probably see what a local dealer would charge for some of the pieces.

I know some people around here have upgraded to a different seat so I was hoping someone would want to
sell the old one or sell the latch off it.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:22:57 AM »
Yikes! $15!! Sorry to hear that, perkussion.

I do so hate when the shipping costs more than SEVEN times the cost of the item you are ordering!!!

Some places (I can't say about the 'numbers' place) will ship some small items by USPS first class mail for a much lower rate, IF you call or email and request it before placing the order.

You could also try this site. Just type parts, or Grand Vista, or whatever in the box on the left and select Kymco in the drop-down menu. I don't know if you'll have much luck with it this time of year, but ya never know.

http://motorcycle.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi

Good luck! :)

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:46:32 AM »
I think Cheap Cycle Parts sells Kymco parts. They are out of the north-east USA. Fair prices on parts and shipping. Give them a look.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()