Author Topic: Sliders review  (Read 686 times)

xsel777

• View Profile
Sliders review
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:59:50 AM »
Wow.
Amazing.

These are the words to describe sliders v rollers.

The sliders I got were 28gr,much too light for a Kymco xciting 500 efi , so I fitted some metal inserts I had made for previous rollers.
With my new sensitive scale I put in 3 inserts to bring the weight on average to just over 31gr.
I took it for  a test drive and I could really feel the pull away, it was like another animal altogether.

After the test run, I wanted to fit the other 3 inserts, to see if I could better my top speed, which is 145kmh.

But,alas, I found further variator damage, you see the outer variator face plate splines are already not good, it had a lot of play.
I did not realize that it is actually quite important that it be a nice snug fit.

I had to borrow  a bearing puller from some street mechanics down the road to get it off.

Then I saw that the extreme back plate that keeps the rollers in place, had the same issue, the splines worn down, and to much free play.
So my baby has to rest until I can get parts.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:19:33 PM by xsel777 »
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Sliders review
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:54:23 PM »
I am very happy to report that parts are located locally, just 1700km away in Durban, so eta is wed. I am so chomping at the bit to be on the saddle again.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()