Author Topic: I give up on LED front running lights  (Read 1083 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
I give up on LED front running lights
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:08:34 AM »
Yep, well, I did.
I put in some different kinds of LED lights to replace the existing incandescent bulbs which our scoot came with.
But I've had to replace them 3 times as they start failing - by blinking and such while riding.
I don't need people thinking I've got my turn signals on when I don't. Plus, plus I read in the info page of the best US seller of LEDs that they are NOT brighter than reg. bulbs....

What the heck, so why am I fooling with them?! They make heat, and are no brighter!

The front marker light is a 12V3W bulb, according to the writing on the base of the light..... I put in some long life reg bulbs from  the auto parts place which are 3.6W in yellow.

I do not enjoy repeatedly replacing these bulbs. My hands are way to big to make this a simple operation.....so I went with something close to what Mr. Kymco put in there when he sailed it to me.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: I give up on LED front running lights
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:51:23 AM »
Yep, well, I did.
I put in some different kinds of LED lights to replace the existing incandescent bulbs which our scoot came with.
But I've had to replace them 3 times as they start failing - by blinking and such while riding.
I don't need people thinking I've got my turn signals on when I don't. Plus, plus I read in the info page of the best US seller of LEDs that they are NOT brighter than reg. bulbs....

What the heck, so why am I fooling with them?! They make heat, and are no brighter!

The front marker light is a 12V3W bulb, according to the writing on the base of the light..... I put in some long life reg bulbs from  the auto parts place which are 3.6W in yellow.

I do not enjoy repeatedly replacing these bulbs. My hands are way to big to make this a simple operation.....so I went with something close to what Mr. Kymco put in there when he sailed it to me.

So, as the saying goes... "if it ain't broken....

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »
Stig, I get the definite impression that you are a "belt and suspenders" kind of guy. :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
I replaced my driving lights with LEDs back in March.  They're still working great right now and they pull less current than the stock lights do, putting less of a strain on the charging system.  The cheap LEDs do go out quicker than the good ones, especially if you're riding on really rough road. 

2012 Like 200i  in black

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()