Poll

if i cut the cdi wire to make my bike go faster will it be able to red line or corse any damage to the engine

just do it and see whatr happens
4 (100%)
or just stick at the speed of 40 mph
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: worried about cutting the cdi wire to make it go faster  (Read 5155 times)

jaysith06

• View Profile
worried about cutting the cdi wire to make it go faster
« on: June 26, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
if i cut the cdi unit cable the make my bike go faster after i have done it will the bike be able to red-line and blow up or will it do any damage to the engine .also can you get an racing exaust for the 2006 4stroke agility

blue

• View Profile
Re: worried about cutting the cdi wire to make it go faster
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:17:52 AM »
if you cut it to far you have to just get a new cdi box.I did mine but I did it right the frist time so I was lucky. mine goes 42  48 to 50 down hill. some times I think you may not have to even cut the box.if your doing 42 or better no need to.not much more you can do to make your bike go faster.with out 70 kit or more.

KymcoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »
I cut mine where the pictures showed and i had no problems so far I was worried when i did it but i went for it and it worked great now my scooter is doing 45-47 on flat ground or slight downhill slope but on any up hill it wont do the 45 even slight uphill but it was worth it but make sure to be carefull when you cut it you will know when it is ready as long as you watch while you cut dont cut without paying attention go slow

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »
...dang..i was gonna cut mine...when I took it out i saw that the dealer had ground off dang near 3/8" off the whole end of the thing...and I gave them $120.00 dollars 3 weeks after I bought the thing to "De-restrict" it....hell i coulda done that with a big rock.....lol...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()