Author Topic: Xenon headlight ?????  (Read 3948 times)

aokark

• View Profile
Re: Xenon headlight ?????
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
I went with this one http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Single-HiLo-Motorcycle-HID-Kit
It basically uses a magnet to change the aim of the bulb so it works as a high/low beam.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Single-Motorcycle-HID-Kit
This one would work just fine if you just want to aim it one way and go with it.

It's up to you what you want to do but pick the 35W bulb :)

When you remove the headlight front you will see a screw on the back, you can aim the reflector with it. I have the low beam aimed down quite a bit so it doesn't bother anyone, but high enough to light up the road. You could ask a friend with a car to help you, so he can tell you if it's blinding him. I'm sure there are worse roads out there to ride on but so far I haven't had a problem with no special protection.

The biggest problem I ran into was that I didn't know what socket the bulb was and the connector for the switch so I just made my own but not too hard if you're a little handy. But I can say right now, don't expect it to be plug and play... You will most likely have to do some kind of modification but from what I could see it was just those two things.

Good luck and don't be scared to experiment! :)

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:27 PM »
aokark.........Thanks again for all the detail.  Enough for anyone to get set up...........Umm..about the socket and the connector for the switch......are you saying that you made them both?
If so....the picture I get is that you first entirely removed the existing lamp, socket and wiring...and then filled the open hole with an arrangement of your own making and then bolting it in somehow............Thats OK......just clearing it up.

Also.......when finished was it connected so that the headlight powered up with the ignition switch (like the original equipment)..or do you turn it on manually?

As you can see.....I'm trying to suck your brain dry for any little bit of wisdom LOL... ;D ;D ;D
borrowed dust

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 12:21:32 AM »
Boy the more I read this Im geting ideas my self for my fog lights.

aokark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 02:18:44 AM »
I removed the old light completely but kept the wire that was going down from the switch to the light. In the headlight cover I used the existing hole but modified it to so the HID light bulb could fit.
I wired it so I can turn it off, but it can be on when ignition goes on as well. I am thinking of getting two LED's to have as a day light on the sides of the headlight cover and have them on and the HID off.

CONLEY

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 06:06:26 PM »
damn that looks nice we need pics of it at night!!!

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
aokark..................INGENIOUS !!....It's too cold to work in the shed right now (for these old bones), but I am very interested in seeing what I can do with your xenon headlight in the coming spring...Maybe by then they will be back in stock too.....In the mean time please let me/us in on anything else that you may be doing.
Stay warm and happy ;D ;D ;D
borrowed dust

aokark

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 02:33:45 AM »
Too many projects in my head, not enough time :)
School is killing my free time... but not having a garage or real room to work in really makes things harder.
Got my computers, my furnitures, my scooter, balcony etc... I'll get there though ^^

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()