Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 436 times)

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
What Happened?
« on: February 27, 2021, 07:37:09 PM »
Did anyone else experience an outage on the forum Thursday and Friday? Every time I tried to visit the site, my browser would actually try to download a file instead of taking me to the web page. It was very strange. For a while there, I was worried the forum had been lost in cyberspace. Glad to see it is alive and well. I would miss all you fine fellows!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Like50

• Finland
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 08:07:21 PM »
Same here.
Seeking used Kymco moped scooter

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 08:17:09 PM »
Same here.
same thing here ,.  I tried again and got it, had a sign ( error happend  )Ill blame it on texas,.   Frozen elec. system

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:58:29 PM »
Did anyone else experience an outage on the forum Thursday and Friday? Every time I tried to visit the site, my browser would actually try to download a file instead of taking me to the web page. It was very strange. For a while there, I was worried the forum had been lost in cyberspace. Glad to see it is alive and well. I would miss all you fine fellows!
Hey pa....
What did you do to get your browser to stop trying to download a file when visiting the Kymcoforum site?.....my Microsoft Edge is still doing that.
(I'm here on Chrome...)

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 12:11:22 AM »
I am also on Edge browser. If I don't sign in I can see the main forum list but if I try to view individual post I only get a banner at the top but the message won't load. After signing in to the forum it loads normally.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 12:52:14 AM »
Hi all, sorry for the outage and issues. I was using an older version of php and my host forced an upgrade.

The theme I was using is no longer compatible with SMF forum latest version.

For now I will need to keep this default theme and find a new look/feel.

If you use chrome browser and want to go back to the orange theme you can do it in your forum profile.

I'll figure this out as soon as I can. Again I apologize for the look while I find bold new graphics.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 01:30:22 AM »
Yes, I had an outage in that timeframe. Really happy it's back!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 04:49:21 AM »
Hey pa....
What did you do to get your browser to stop trying to download a file when visiting the Kymcoforum site?.....my Microsoft Edge is still doing that.
(I'm here on Chrome...)

Stig

Nothing. I'm on Chrome all the time and it was doing the same. Today it just seemed to start working again. I think the other response from the administrator explains it well.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 10:05:36 AM »
It’s still acting up. I couldn’t use the App. I had to log in with Safari on my iPad
2009 Xciting 250

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:04 AM »
It’s still acting up. I couldn’t use the App. I had to log in with Safari on my iPad

My experience too.  Here via Firefox web browser, but Tapatalk app still not working?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 09:31:54 AM »
Hi all, sorry for the outage and issues. I was using an older version of php and my host forced an upgrade.

The theme I was using is no longer compatible with SMF forum latest version.

For now I will need to keep this default theme and find a new look/feel.

If you use chrome browser and want to go back to the orange theme you can do it in your forum profile.

I'll figure this out as soon as I can. Again I apologize for the look while I find bold new graphics.

From an ordinary user can I just say thanks for the time and effort I'm sure you've had to put in to get us back up and running.  It's very much appreciated.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()