Author Topic: does your x500 " growl" when first taking off??  (Read 10251 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: does your x500 " growl" when first taking off??
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
The Jcosta looks like a very cool var. I have read loads of reviews on other forums/site that all agree it works better on a light 4t engine/scoot than on a heavier 4t or any 2t. The consensus that I have seen is it wears too quickly. However the operation is flawless. Perhaps w/ a few more years under their belt it may replace the ramps, and rollers we all use but for now the pins wear too fast for the every day Joe. (as the pinns wear the ramps do not close as far)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 04:07:03 AM »
I tried to find where I read the Dr. Sliders for the 500 were discontinued but I can't find it now.  I don't think I dreamed it, though.  Something about them coming apart because of the power of the engine.  Gonna look around again and see if they're available anywhere.  Sorry if I've given wrong info.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 04:46:25 AM »
Not at all,  about a year ago I had read about a seperation of the casing from the barrel. I posted about that also not remembering what the exact case was. I hav heard/read nothing of that nature since. http://www.martinracingdealer.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Parts+by+Type%3ANylon+Sliders+and+Rollers&offset=100   This page has them for the 500 in lots of weights.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()