Author Topic: Got new Euro headlight module. :-)  (Read 10443 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Got new Euro headlight module. :-)
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 06:51:57 AM »
Well, folks, I asked a couple of deputies in a Subway today if the blues were legal and the answer was "nope".  So, guess they're coming back out and I'll go with some white or amber.  :'( 

Maybe I'll put the blues in if I participate in the anual Toys for Tots run here.  Should be able to get away with them for that. 

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 11:30:51 PM »
HEY, Whats wrong with pink? Kiss Kiss :-*

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
I think with either amber or white lights, no LEO would even think the bike was not stock. We need all the visibility we can get. Yesterday a lady on her cell phone crossed four lanes of traffic starting from the HOV lane to try to knock me over, I mean, get in my lane to exit the freeway. She seen me at the last minute and swerved back in the right lane. (I was on the offramp) I did have an escape plan in case...
Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

CommuterScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 02:55:12 AM »
They aren't on in your pictures are they?   Mine are brighter than stock.  I wonder if it is because you are using the same power tap for the blue driving lights?

I am using that power tap.  I didn't notice any difference when I had the stock bulbs in as far as brightness goes but when I replaced them with the LED's they were dimmer.  What power tap are you using?
09 Xciting 250

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 03:25:25 AM »
I replaced my rear turn signal bulbs with red led bulbs.  Pluged right in (1156 type).  I checked brightness against the OEM bulb by checking when I only had one installed and comparing to the incandesant which was still on the other side.  The original incandesant was a tad brighter.  I got the most super-duper led bulbs I could find with my limited experience.  They have two rows of leds pointing out radially and three bigger leds pointing straight out.  The leds are plenty bright and look good and red.  (Had to leave off the amber color cone which went over the OEM bulbs of course)

I notice a lot of the led sellers state that the led bulbs are not brighter than incandesant.  Others sort of bypass that statement by saying how super bright their leds are but never actually saying they're brighter than incandesant. Anyway, I'm happy with these led bulbs and hope to have the magic blinker units installed soon.  Then I'll be red all across the back of the scooter.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:06:30 AM by Hoolander2 »

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
I am using that power tap.  I didn't notice any difference when I had the stock bulbs in as far as brightness goes but when I replaced them with the LED's they were dimmer.  What power tap are you using?

The same taps.  The only difference is that I don't have anything else on those power taps.  That, and different LED's.

Do you have any pictures where the LED's are on?
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
I've posted this elsewhere, but since it goes with Hoolander's thread, I added my headlight assembly here too. I have the yellow LED's from the local auto parts store. For those on the sidelines, the headlight module which I ordered from Germany (Ebay seller Rollershop.de) does have DOT and SAE markings on it. What makes me curious is to why Kymco didn't just keep the same style throughout the global market?
Many thanks to Hoolander for the inspiration. It was pricey, but well worth it in my opinion!

Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »
That's awesome, Munks!  May I ask what search you use? 

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »
Thanks for that link, Munks. I love that headlight module, and can't say no to free shipping! I may keep that in mind and maybe pick up an extra CVT belt while I'm at it.

edit: Hmm... but that belt they have doesn't look right. Only has the bumps on one side?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:37:47 PM by gctkaz »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 10:40:38 PM »
"Ordering is generally easy but many sellers want you to have a PayPal account which is also easy to set up.  You can tie it to your bank account for instant transfer or, as some have suggested, only put enough money in the Paypal account to cover the purchase you are about to do. This you'll do by computer too.  Some sellers will take credit card number or even hold your purchase while waiting for your check."

Here's a tip. NEVER link your bank account to Paypal. Not because of fraud either... Paypal CAN FREEZE your paypal account during a dispute, and if your bank account is linked, it is frozen as well. I have never had this issue but if you google it you will find plenty that have. I use a debit card that is just for Paypal. Add the exact amount per purchase, and no issues.    Happy Fleabaying...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »
"edit: Hmm... but that belt they have doesn't look right. Only has the bumps on one side?"

The "Cogs" are there to relieve stress as the belt wraps around smaller diameters. Some makers use them on both sides of the belt, and others build the carcass of the belt to not need them. this may help.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_(mechanical)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 08:57:38 PM »
Here is another you may like ,,I bought this one but not installed,,,much lower price

http://www.comagination.com/modBike.htm
Later
bilyum

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 01:23:57 AM »
That's awesome, Munks!  May I ask what search you use? 
Not to distract... Try Surf Canyon! It starts off like google then narrows the search as you find the links that pertain. It is the opposite of google, and does not trace your links (tracking cookies).You may think it does nothing but follow the instructions, and it is WAYYYYY better than google. It narrows your search going hundreds of pages back as you eliminate "dead ends". Soon you will be "the Most Interesting Man Alive". (Including instructions on bowling overhand)

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »
Rise from your grave!
Resurrecting an old thread, but I finally pulled the trigger on this Euro headlight module. From a Polish eBay seller, was quite a bit more expensive than the prices listed earlier in this thread. Came to $190 shipped to Canada, but for a bit more visibility I'm willing to pay.

So while I'm waiting for this to be delivered, can anybody tell me what size of LED bulb will fit in the side position lights? Might also order some white LED bulbs from dealextreme or someplace.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »
They are led 194.  Type that into ebay and you'll get thousands of items to choose from.  Or use your favorite supplier.  One thing I read on one supplier's ad said leds should not be put in a headlight module or anywhere where they'll be subjected to high heat because it said they will fail.  I'd already installed mine and haven't had failure yet in about a year of use. 

When I was looking for those leds, I tried to look for ones with as many individual leds as possible -- or at least those with the brighter leds.  I think I wound up with some with 18 leds on each bulb.  Super yellow is what I finally installed after asking some local deputies about the blue ones I first installed and being told they weren't legal.

The holes in the back of the module will accomodate leds that are slightly larger in diameter than the incandescant bulbs which come in it stock.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()