Author Topic: This was an interesting coolant change  (Read 6342 times)

johnrambo56

• View Profile
This was an interesting coolant change
« on: May 10, 2014, 06:07:04 AM »
Well thanks for your help, guys!  Got it all flushed out and filled back up.  Took it for a spin and got clipped by a car.  I saw him flying up behind me and swerved left, lucky guess cause he swerved right and clipped my muffler.

At first I thought it was just bent, but got it back and saw there was a tear in it up closer to the bike....

God bless

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:12:06 AM by johnrambo56 »

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: This was an interesting coolant change
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:28:29 AM »
Sorry to hear that... I guess if you have asked another question here, that would have delayed the time you changed the coolant and that car would be way far away when you took the bike for a spin.. hmmm...

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:01:29 AM »
what the hell! looks like a hit to me! got the insurance number? its a rear ender for sure!

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »
 :o Far friggin out Johnboy !  Geez you were lucky mate. That dickhead could have taken your leg off, or worse. Glad you're okay though .. you are aren't you ??  I hope the clown's going to pay for the damage. Looking at that photo, that whack wouldn't have done the rest of your exhaust much good either sport, so make you check it out and get him to fix you up for it. Meanwhile, go buy yourself a lottery ticket.  ;)
Regards, Hairy Bob.
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

johnrambo56

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »
Well actually that side of the bike is all torn up from before when a lady without insurance hit me. 

He was real apologetic so I told him I'd bend the muffler back myself, no big deal really.

I like it, it adds character.  It's starting to look like something out of Mad Max.

And "lol" at "meanwhile go buy yourself a lottery ticket"

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »
 ??? Bloody hell Big John, have you got a target painted on you or something? Some sheila hit you before this as well ??  Maybe you need to activate the force field when you go out riding Amigo.
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

johnrambo56

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »
lol

Yea maybe, looks like the Venox can handle it though.  It's record is starting to speak for it's durability, that thing still runs perfect!

johnrambo56

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 10:09:04 PM »
Hey speaking of running perfect, what would make it cut out at a stop light?

It's otherwise running great, nice idle, acceleration, top speed and everything.  But it likes to to cut out, start right back up, and run perfect again.  Only happens at stop lights, once every 20-30 km.

I had a single cylinder 650 Savage that did the same thing only not as often.

Any ideas?

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 10:37:05 PM »
idle set too low, one cylinder not firing in idle> balance issue, mixture too lean. one or the other or all. start ddx!

johnrambo56

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »
It seems to idle fine, but I have no way of seeing the RPM at an idle.  Based on feel though, it seems fine.

It seems to be worse if I coast in neutral to my stops, as opposed to downshifting to them. 

Any ideas?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »
WTF DUDE? Raise the Frikin' IDLE. It will be DONE.

We've all told you but you don't fix it, and keep asking. It will take 30 seconds to fix it. I promise.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
here is a little trick to check the idle rpm, but you got to know some remote control model aircraft people. there is an optic tech gauge that heli flyers and plane flyers use to check there prop speed. set the gauge to 2 prop and hold it against the neutral light, then multiply the rev by 2 is your rpm speed!
Good luck! by the way venox has a higher idle rev to other shoppers out there.
and are both pipes having the same strength of pulsating in idle?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:15:27 PM by max oradea »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 01:36:50 AM »
That is one cool trick Max.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 02:09:55 AM »
It seems to idle fine, but I have no way of seeing the RPM at an idle.  Based on feel though, it seems fine.

It seems to be worse if I coast in neutral to my stops, as opposed to downshifting to them. 

Any ideas?

Only slightly off topic...  but being in neutral at a stop is a habit you need to break.  Always always always downshift to first at every stop so when the next idiot fills your mirrors you can escape.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 11:57:13 PM »
I just HAVE to...
You won't take the ONE easy piece of advice on your thread that will help find the problem so you Jack someone else's thread asking the same question, and get the same answers. Then you state it idles fine but it just won't idle. Still not even TRYING the easiest solution.

Lets try this... Open the seat, and remove the pet carrier, and the seat. Next remove the carbs/ fuel tank / and anything else that is connected to them. Put them all in a pick-up truck bed, and drive the whole lot off a bridge.

If that works post up so others w/ the same issue will know how to fix it'

I assume a few things here... You are intimidated by all the screws, and shiny things that came with the bike. That's normal.

You have never tried to fix a motorcycle before, and you came out here asking for help. That's normal.

You may not know what the parts or systems are that we are describing are or look like. More normal stuff

You don't know another way to describe what you a thinking, and it's frustrating the crap out of you. Give you that one too.

Please don't feel maligned or spoken down to because that is not the intent. The intent is too help fix the bike.

Bring it to a shop, or try doing ONE thing suggested. Any one thing will do. If you want a step by step... ask.

If you are just some random A hole dicking around then I give you props! BUT that's not so normal.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()