Author Topic: exhaust  (Read 5633 times)

dreflu

• View Profile
exhaust
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:29:17 PM »
i'm looking into buying a new exhaust for my scoot. i've found a leo vince zx pipe for a good price and i'm wondering if its any good. how much difference does a new pipe make? and i was reading on here somewhere that i might have to re adjust the carb when i put the pipe in. or is that just if i buy a new carb? im so lost any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: exhaust
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »
Is yours a 2t or 4t. Leo Vince is a good pipe. Some come w/ restrictors that must be removed to get the full effect. I didn't want to cut, and weld so I have the technigas rs2. What ever you do choose you will have to re-jet the carb. usually 5 steps up on the main, and 1-2 on the pilot. The pipe will produce more hp 3-8 avg. You should see around 5mph more at top end, and if you tune the cvt, you just may catch a wheelie or two!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:49:23 PM »
I believe the ZX pipe does have a restriction built into the expansion chamber.  You have to cut the pipe in half to remove it then weld it back together.  I've heard that even restricted it is still better than stock though!  I'm also running a Techingas Next R.

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 12:42:27 AM »
so i'm guessing i should go with a technigas pipe. is there any cutting and welding i would have to do with that pipe? i saw somewhere the stock pipe can be drilled out, will that do any good? after doing some reading i'm not sure i want to play with the carb. it'll never run right again. lol. i saw somewhere you have to run the engine for a min and take the spark plug out to see what color it is and keep adjusting. i'd never get it right. i may just buy one

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 12:59:40 AM »
There is nothing to be done to the Technigas besides bolting it on.  There's not really any point in drilling out the stock exhaust.  You are upgrading for the advantages of an expansion chamber!  You will most likely have to re-jet the carb with a new pipe install.  If you just buy a new carb, you will have to mess with tuning it as well!  It's really not that difficult, just time consuming!  There is plenty of good advice around here to help out also! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 01:23:12 AM »
Here's the link to the service manual. Its at the bottom of the page.     http://www.timtaylor.net/Scooter/Manuals.htm       That should set u up for the rollers, This page has a few pipes to look at. Contact technigas for advice on re-jetting. If you go w/ an expansion chamber, you must re jet. They may have a baffle type that requires no jetting but the performance gain is not the same. More for looks, and sound. If you work up your cvt, that may be enough to live with.   http://www.tecnigas.com/o/inici.php?idioma=en   That page is the pipes for your scoot
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »
after looking around the tecnigas exhaust is kind of high :-\ is there any other kind the gives good performance but is around or under $150? if so what and where? the leo vince pipe i was looking at is for a 2007 people not sure if it would work. it was only 130 shipped if that will work but i'd have to cut and drill it that looks to be my best bet in the price range. HELP!!!

thatnks

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 11:21:12 PM »
If you can spend a little more you can get a Technigas Next R chromed from Provoscooter for $169 before shipping!  It will save you the hassle of having to derestrict it! 

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:31:32 PM »
thanks shaka. that's what i was looking for.  i googled derestricting a leo vince exhaust and it looks easy. but might as well just get the unrestricted one

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »
You should be able to do some research into exactly the Leo's are restricted.  Some may just have a "washer" welded into the inlet which is easy enough to remove.  I know I wouldn't want to have to cut my brand new pipe in half though to remove a restriction!

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »
i cant get to the cart to check out because of cookies? i'm gonna have to go to my girls house to use her computer to buy it :(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 11:54:56 PM »
Which browser are you using? If it's IE 5-6-7-8. Go to tools/internet options/Privacy, and set the slider to LOW. This will allow cookies for the site . You can re set it when you log off.

wreck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
You should be able to do some research into exactly the Leo's are restricted.  Some may just have a "washer" welded into the inlet which is easy enough to remove.  I know I wouldn't want to have to cut my brand new pipe in half though to remove a restriction!

I just got mine yesterday. There is a cone tacked into the inlet, Looks like it's gonna take about 2 minutes to remove it.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 06:39:00 AM »
Are all Leo Vince pipes restricted? I found a TT on Ebay. Is it restricted? I agree there is no way im gonna cut open a brand new pipe.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wreck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 03:28:51 PM »
I have this one. The cone to de-restrict it is right at the inlet so it will only take a couple minutes with a dremel to get it out.

I called them and got it for $105 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kymco-People-Leo-Vince-TT-Race-Exhaust-Malossi-Polini-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b0cf3af1QQitemZ140405324529QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()