Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 64373 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #375 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »
Sound good, the track that is not the welding, only wish i could make it  :(

Sure someone will grab a vid of the crazy frog on a pass for you to post up.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 06, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
There will be Vid for sure.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
Ive got a frame still with title. Ill have to check it for how its welded as well.
Ill send a payment to your email from before if thats alright.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 07, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
i think you should have no probs hitting top speed on the ZX...you have plenty of space. be good if you blew some cars away with the ZX...i know you will be blowing minds then scoopin em up with a spoooon.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 07, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »
Ive got a frame still with title. Ill have to check it for how its welded as well.
Ill send a payment to your email from before if thats alright.

Interested in selling the frame? Mine will be fine w/ a few mods but I'd like an OEM as a spare. Also another engine mount. I have a few ideas I'd like to try...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 07, 2012, 11:59:49 PM »
Forgot... I posted the wrong address in the PM. It is the same one you used last time. Thanks Bro!

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »
How do you want to go about getting the frame? It's probably a lot to ship it. I know my neighbor can drive to deliver it but I think its a bit on the gas. Wish I knew someone going to Fla. I'd give you a good deal on it for sure. Maybe just a trade even.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »
It can be wrapped in plastic, and shipped with a label I can supply. I PM'ed you about details. Thanks man. You saved the day.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 29, 2012, 12:04:36 AM »
..speed festival??...

...dang.........
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »
Ok... Here it is AGAIN.

The original Ruima Stuffer crank (44mm stroker). Stage6 Clutch, Jasil Top Racing Var. Scorpion pipe (Thanks Cynyo).
MHR secondary gear set (Thanks Steve). Diabolos front, and rear. Malossi brakes front, and rear, Agility dual piston caliper. Bando belt. OKO 24mm flatslide. Pod filter.MHR intake. Boysen home made 2 stage reeds. All that custom case porting.

The Polini Corsa did 82MPH at just a partial tune. I ran out of time (and clutch pads) before I could tune it correctly.
Had to run as is, and got 82@ 13500 rpm.
I put the bike up for a few weeks, and decided to down gear. I had both the Malossi primaries, and the MHR secondaries installed. Final ratio was 6:1 or 5.7:1 top be exact. To brutal to ride on the street.

I pulled out the primaries, and rode it 4-5 times. One gallon of premix lasted about 15 miles so it was like filling a car once a week. I went thru 60 gallons, ad all the Spectro Platinum 32 I had stockpiled at 14 dollars a pint.

Soooo new bug in my ass. Time to pull it out for this years Speed Week in October.

The Corsa has just barely broken in, and is a GREAT top end performer. 14000 is no joke just under your baby maker. I decided I need more torque to stop slipping the clutch below 40MPH. More torque means more cc's No way around it.

BacK to JiangWayne, and the Tadia Motors 50mm jug. My last 50mm was a Rumia. Broke both the skirts in a month.
I spent 5 hours on the phone with Kevin. He is their new Rep.. We worked a deal. He had them send 4 cylinders so I could hand pick the best of the best that they picked.

Now the fun begins... I copied the porting from the Corsa into the Tadia, and let loose with the dremel. in an hour I had raised the side inlets 4mm, and opened them both directions by 12mm total. I cleaned up the boost but left it as is for shape because it is the largest boost port of any of the Dio cylinders. The exhaust I simply polished. It was perfect out of the box.

One stock base gasket, one note paper base gasket, and oe 0.4mm aluminium shim got me a squish of 0.7mm. Right in between detonation, and no real power.

I pulled the spark plug, and added an ounce of Spectro Platinum. More fun... I spun that engine for 15 minutes with a 1/2" drill, and a socket on the crank. It got to where I could sin it by hand. Beautiful.
Now one ounce of premix ready to go... Spun it until the vapors stopped, and installed the plug.

Pulled the CDI to verify the timing curve I had for the Corsa. 15* for 0 -1500 rpm / 25* from 1501-5000 / 32* from 5001-9000 / 35* from 9001-9500 / 20* from 9501-11000 /  25* from 11,001-14,000.

Plugged the CDI in, installed the kill switch, one kick! Warmed it up for 2-3 minutes, adjusted the idle, and found the pilot was too rich. 1/2 a turn on the air screw.
Shut it down, rejetted  (50 pilot), three kicks, and perfect. 2 1/2 turns on the air screw.

Tried to ride, and too lean on the mid/needle/main. Move the needle up, still lean. Bigger main.. too rich. Original main (150), and a thinner needle. Better but still too lean. went to a straight thin needle (no taper), perfect.

Went to leave the drive, and shot dirt all over my porch. TORQUE!

Babied it for a few laps around the block, and hit Hwy98. 50/60/70/80mph, and still not at WOT. Turned around, 40-50 home, and shut it down.
Retorqued all the bolts, tightened the intake, and carb., back on the loop. 60-70MPH at 1/2 throttle. Thats 10MPH better than the Corsa.

Went to my buddies in Eastpoint. 15 miles of varied throttle. We had a beer, and he wanted to see how fast it is.
He got in the van, and I rode in front of him. Around 85 on the speedo I could hear detonation. Timing is too far advanced. I pull over, and close the air screw stalling a idle but just enough fuel to cool the detonation at 85MPH.
87/88/89 on the speedo, and I back out. The Yamaha speedo I installed goes to 90. It's off by 3MPH high. The cops radar verified this lat last years Speed Week.

Jonny tells me the speedo in his van said 96MPH. We laughed, had a few more beers, and here I am. Back home with my bike cooling off.

I have the bike running better than ever. The CDI will be reprogrammed tonight, and the carb reset.

I'll post up later tonight to get caught up. It's been brutally busy for me, and hotter than hell. I can't figure it out but somehow I'm gaining weight, and all I do is sweat all day. Maybe it's the beer and hotdogs. I doubt that tho.
That's good food right there.

Peace!

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2015, 02:56:33 AM »
Awesome Z!  90+ is at your doorstep.  Looking at this thread it just makes me wish some of the old boys (slinger, vivo, streido.....and even axy) were still around to read about it.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2015, 04:58:26 AM »
Hell yeah good post man. As you speak of it I have the Zuma opened up ready for a poling evo crank and corsa top end! Whip out the camera phone and get a flyby of that zx flying!!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »
I miss the "old crew" too. Actually they are the ones missing out.
I've tried to get in touch w/ Vivo a few times but he sort of faded out. The rest I know are fine.

I'll catch up w/ you on the Zuma B&L It just stopped raining here, and I have to get back to work.

Last night after posting I went for a quick spin. I started to hear a "growling" in the engine. Like a bad bearing somewhere. I'm praying it is nor a crank bearing, and hoping it is back in the clutch. Maybe the tranny input bearing or the clutch needle rollers...
I love the bike when it's running well but HATE it the rest of the time. Well, I guess they don't just fly the Space Shuttles around till something breaks. It's part of the deal.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2015, 03:55:52 PM »
No rush man, and yeah look where it got them, they don't use the shuttle anymore!!!!! Haha great analogy to a modded scooter lol
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 15, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
I wonder if they are sellin' parts yet.

I could use a few things... Like that doohicky that says "do not turn" other other one that says "LOL Yeah Right".

Maybe some engine parts. I wonder how big the pistons are?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()