Author Topic: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...  (Read 64376 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: ZX 50 4th/or 7th/ or umpteenth build...
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012, 03:53:38 AM »
WAY Frigin cool. Sometimes sh** works...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 03:56:37 AM »
Yep...sometimes anyways.  Hopefully it will last at least a little while till I can get a Burial.  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »
No doubt about that one. I'm STILL waiting. They SAID 14 days to build/ship. It's been 20 since I paid. The Scorp. is still in Hono. customs too. I figure this is all for a reason... I would have killed trhe new build by now if I didn't learn to be patient w/ this stuff. I still haven't twisted over 1/4, and it's doing 50 like a sewing machine. I'm just a little scared of switching to the Scorp. cause I'm gonna have to learn what the sounds are (lean/rich). It's a whole different style pipe.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 12:05:07 AM »
Update... I started running it a little. It has the 52 pilot, and a 118 main. The main is weak in the top so I still haven't opened it up but to 1/4 throttle is hums. 65ish @ 8g's. The pipe I have on it runs at 7,200 so it really starts to pull, and I have to roll back so the jug doesn't take over. My Scorp. is cleared customs, and I have my needle set from treatland. The MSD is still being used but will be ready for me shortly. I have the plugs, and found a better coil to use. http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/flame/coils/60000_volt.aspx
This bitch is gonna fly.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 01:22:32 AM »
..you talked to batts about august??

..i mentioned it 2day...

..i'm for real onna few days off then...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 02:44:38 AM »
I'm for real gonna be no place but here anyways. Might's well git sum Cuptnee. Keep brining it up. I could email you some cool shutft from around here. I know the people that made the Carrabelle web .. This is my swamp. On the net~
http://carrabelle.org/

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:48 AM »
Heya, Id stay away from Pertronix. My friend has a bad ass 79 Mazda Rx7 with a twin turbo setup and used pertronix coils until one caught on fire. It wasnt a good time. Now he uses HKS coils.
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 04:38:14 AM »
mmmm.....I love me a rotary!!!  I had a few about 13 yrs ago...damn I miss those!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 05:53:14 AM »
I'll check them out..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 11:57:50 PM »
...i'm officially on vacation from august 25th thru september 3rd...

..applied and got corporate approval today...

..yup, still workin' for th' man....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:09 AM »
I'll let you know what I have in the morning.
 This is a buddies place. I'll see what I can set up

Damn long link

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 04:29:01 AM »
The only review I could find is 2 weeks old... http://www.rvparking.com/fl/carrabelle/sunset-isle-rv-yacht-club-resort  They didn't charge him...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 04:20:21 AM »
Ok. I got the Scorpion pipe! FU*K! This thing is Insane. First off it FIT. I mean perfect. First one out of four.I expected this thing to be loud but it's not. It's like the perfect gauge to cancel any tinny pops/pings, and blows out the back so it appears quieter to ride.
I was jetted perfect down to the needle, and this pipe bogs a bit on idle thru mid, and starts to clear around 7g's. Twist into that and it starts to climb fast. At 9.5k The cylinder kicks in, and its on... At 9k the needle is at the edge of where you can figure a number on the speedo. It takes the frik off till I had to stop. This is on a 1/4 mile stretch of Hwy98It screamed lean toward the top but jetting is easy enough. I still have parts coming for the cvt /Ignition system so I don't plan to run it out yet. But I will tell you for sure it will be over 80mph within a month. Once I see 85 I will get a Malossi crank / frame brace, and shoot for 90.
I have som picts I'm having a hard time with... I'll try

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:45 AM »
the long awaited scorpion...... ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
The thing is awesome. It's easier to hear/tune than any of the E pipes I've had. It has a definite tone for lean, and it won't run rich. It's close.
Still my FAVORITE part is the rear exhaust. It's gone by the time you hear it. Those friking down at the side mufflers drive me insane

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()