Author Topic: Turn Signal Lights  (Read 1288 times)

shalbern

• View Profile
Turn Signal Lights
« on: September 27, 2010, 02:06:44 AM »
Hi,

2 Quick Questions about my 2007 p250.

1. What is the common or "GE" number for the front and rear turn signal light bulbs?

2. Can a LED replace these bulbs directly without the system going wakco?

Thanks in advance

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Turn Signal Lights
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:34:50 AM »
..shalbern..remove the lamp...observe the number printed, or stamped on the base of the lamp...

..google that number plus GE lamps...

..i've had success in replacing either the rear, or the front...either side, without having to install a led flashing adapter inline....

peace
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:36:38 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:41:14 AM »
If you replace just the front or just the back the flasher may not go wacko but I think it will speed up "some".  The Kymco flasher is "load-dependent". It uses the "load" of the bulbs to time the blink rate. If the standard blink is assumed to be one blink per second with two OEM (incandescent), I would assume it will blink about 2 times per second with 1 OEM and 1 LED and about 100 times per second (appears almost steady on)  with 2 LED (may even chatter).

I replaced my factory blinker with a "no-load" blinker relay and it works fine with no-load blinkers.

Full Disclosure... my blinkers are "no-load bcause they are "off" when they are blinking and "on" when not blinking to become running lamps. See my other thread.

shalbern

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 01:22:09 AM »
Hi Tech Guy,

What was the part number for your "no load" flasher relay, and where did you get it?

Where is the relay located on my p250?

I want to try that mod.

Thanks

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
It is in the handlebar head set.  it is one of the Triton ones from NAPA.  I just asked the guys at the counter for for no-load LED compatible relay.  I just put the headset together.  I will see if I can find my notes... 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()