Author Topic: HELP ! ! !  (Read 1325 times)

p_edd89

• View Profile
HELP ! ! !
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »
hi,
   i have recently bought a kymco super 9 49cc 2005 and after 20 mins of riding the bike it looses power for about 10 secs.(engine still running). it is as if when the bike get warm it looses it power but for the first 20 mins it is very reponsive. and it hapens at all speeds,down hill, round corners.

e.g straight road 35mph looses power throttle off   ..... wait.....    throttle on power back.

i have cleaned air box/filter, check my spark plug seems to be ok.

the bike has been deristricted.

i am worried the engine is on its way out due to 16700 on the clock.

if anyone can help it would be much appriciated,

many thanks

p_edd89.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
There are alot of possibilities. The first thing I would do is get a new plug, and completely dis-assemble/clean the carb. These 2 things will only help the scoot, and remove them from the list of other things down the road. The next thing would be to do a compression test on the engine. If you are below 100psi it would be time to pull the jug, and see what it looks like on the inside.  You may have a stator or cdi on its way out so dont venture too far. Try these few things, and post back w/ the results. Is it a Liquid cooled or air cooled? Oh    Welcome to the forum!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

p_edd89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:50:56 PM »
hi thanks for the message back, i have had the carb of and completly cleaned ,compression tested, all pipes off the check if any blocked/split and every think is ok, and i still have the problem.

as soon  as the engine looses power i let it idle and i get my power back,

ive been told of a guy the "rollers" may be worn???

p_edd89

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »
The rollers ARE NOT the trouble It would not scoot well, and fall off if the rollers were the cause. There is a Screen inside the fuel tank. That could well be clogged. It sounds more like a fuel delivery problem more than anything else. If it were electrical in nature; MOST of the time it will have to completely cool before working again. Maybe even the float has taken a "SET" and is not allowing enough fuel. If the float stands proud of the carb. body (inverted/parallel) That may be it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

p_edd89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »
latest i have checked the reeds and had a little play and when put bk together it seem to ok only doing it once on my last journey :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:27:13 AM »
Then It is somewhere in the intake system. If the reeds helped it may be an air leak somewhere in the same area. If the engine runs too lean it will heat up to the point that it stalls. Try fixing everything up to the carb, and getting new gaskets for the manifold/reeds. They do sometimes leak for no good reason.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()