Author Topic: SUPER8 150cc STARTER solenoid replacement, STUPIDLY mixed up wires, PLEASE HELP?  (Read 730 times)

Ed Salsbury

• View Profile
Hi Guys
have a 2010 Super 8 150 People, 1300 miles, I'm changing out starter solenoid and stupidly cannot remember where wires go on what terminals??  Does it matter??  dont want to fry anything.

For the solenoid hookup, I have three wires, a thick red, as thin red, and a thick black.  I assume the two reds go to same terminal, and black to other???  But which?

I've gone through three brake light stop switches in less than a year on this Kymco, frigging thing is always failing after a bumpy road.  Now starter solenoid bad is bad since jumping it with screwdriver works the starter, so bought a new solenoid.  Man, my Symco 125 is bulletproof compared to this thing, UUGGHH.

Thx guys!
Ed

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
You are on the right track, Ed! Fat red and skinny red on one heavy solenoid terminal, Fat black to the other heavy terminal. The fat red goes to the battery, skinny red to the bike systems, fat black goes to the starter. The solenoid (coil) is powered by two real skinny wires and probably uses a plastic connector. Now you have the How and the Why! Let us know how this turns out!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()