Author Topic: new project 2003 people 50, back on the board!!!  (Read 5631 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: new project 2003 people 50, back on the board!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
1500 contra spring, new rollers/belt. Hotter Ign coil. 100.00 bucks will get you those, and a new spark plug + all new filters. Start using Amsoil, or any other top shelf injector oil.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

soop703

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »
any recommendation for a place to buy the parts at??

Anyone have any suggestions on repairing the speedometer, or will i just have to replace it? the clock works perfect, ha

I'm decided to basically take apart the whole thing, where should i start?

sorry for all the noob questions and i appreciate all you guys help!

vdubn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 06:26:50 AM »
I just had the same thing happen with my speedo on my 2005.  Pull the cable, and see if the end is broken off inside of the hub.  If it is, then its a cable.  If the cable is in good shape, put any old electric drill on the end of the cable, tighten the chuck onto the cable end, and spin your drill.  If the speedo moves, then its the gear inside of the wheel.  Its a hub assembly that costs about $40 from Kymco.  If the speedo doesn't move with the drill connected, then check the other end of the cable, and make sure its connected, if it is, you need a speedo.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 06:38:50 AM »
any recommendation for a place to buy the parts at??

For OEM http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/
For decent quality inexpensive parts http://www.partsforscooters.com/
For anything Hi performance http://www.spi-parts.com/  or  http://www.racingplanetusa.com/
If you are on the west coast  http://www.treatland.tv/  or just looking for a cool store/owner

If you want to do a total rebuild it takes 15 minutes to pull the entire engine. Id start my clean up there. There is a "link to manuals thread" here. Get you one of them too.
Ask anything you need Bro! The worst that could happen is Blue will give advice... (sorry blue) I think he is the scooter anti christ. He broke valve caps.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

RI Catsailor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 03:40:50 PM »
With regards to the Big Bore kit.... I have a 2001 people 50 2t. When I bought it she had an airsal 72cc kit installed (hack Job). A month into ownership, the engine seized. I bought a new kit and replaced it. The piston on the kit that i bought was faulty, and a big chunk tore off of it and ruined the second kit I had. The airsal kits are nickle plated aluminum cylinders and in both cases were destroyed. I decided to bring her back to stock. I was the best decision that I have made.

With the kit on the scoot, I was able to hit 52 mph. It was very squirly at the start too. I  had to lean forward to keep the front wheel on the ground.

With a de-restricted stock set up, I cruise at 47 mph, and have hit 50 with the wind at my back. I weigh 210 lbs. The only differences that I notice are at start, she is still very quick off the line, but does not wheelie unless I want it to.  Mid range speed and power bog a little at about 30 mph but regulate at about 35 mph.  High end, there is not a ton of difference, other than how much more quite it is. I have put 3000 km on the stock set up so far this summer. It is my daily driver, with a 20 mile each way trip to work every day. I would highly recommend keeping your scoot stock, and de-restricting/ tuning to run at these higher speeds. I wasted a lot of time and $ on the big bore set up, when it was really not necessary.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
..yeah, RI Catsailor, thos 2001 ppls are awesome!! I was blown away by mine...

..the thing is, after 2004, they have a smaller carb, restricted driven pulleys, and a different exhaust..

..not all peoples will perform like a 2001...

..btw, Welcome to th' Forum!!

peace
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:02:06 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

RI Catsailor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
Wow, I guess I got lucky on this one. I was just out at lunch and a guy on a Kymco Agility 50 4 stroke pulled up next to me, smiled, and revved. I left him so far behind in my mirrors I couldnt believe it. Makes for a great ride to and from work. My last scoot was a 1984 Honda Spree. Although I loved the spree (was light and I could lift off dock onto boat by my myself) the difference here is night and day. I never feel as though I am being run down. The big wheels are the balls vs the 8X2.5's that i had on my spree.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »
BBKs are necessary when you live in hilly terrain. I live in rolling foothills. It's not the flat ground speed I need, I need the torque to climb the hills. My BBK made huge improvements in torque.
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 02:45:25 AM »
..with the ppl, yes...

..not so much with a super9....

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 02:48:16 AM »
...annnd, i dunno...my 01 and 03 ppls

hauled my ass up some pretty goodly hills...respectfully...

:o

..never even considered a bbk....

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 05:54:01 AM »
..with the ppl, yes...

..not so much with a super9....

I know I saw batman's vids. I'm f'n jealous. I'd love to have a S9
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 04:39:13 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()