Author Topic: People S 50 4T speed and performance  (Read 18466 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: People S 50 4T speed and performance
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
  I thought the 8.5's were a bit big for this model,you may want to run a 5.0g or 5.5g maybe order a set of 5.g's also can mix and match for a 5.5G total for testing .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:20:59 AM by art »
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »
To find out the originals were 7 grams would major suck. Now you have found out that these things are within the scope of anyone who wants to have a go with a little sense. It is all about trial and error, when you try the 6 gram rollers you will have an idea of the difference and be able to work out how far you want to go. With my zx, I found 6 gram rollers were the one, so I ordered 6 gram Dr. Pulley sliders, then I put in a 1,000 torque spring and that change every thing, I lost a lot of top speed, about 10km/h. I have since put my 7 gram rollers back in and regained that top, so I will order 7 gram Dr. Pulley sliders. As I said, all trial and error, and lots of fun. Just need to be patient sometimes. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

spidrgr

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
To find out the originals were 7 grams would major suck. Now you have found out that these things are within the scope of anyone who wants to have a go with a little sense. It is all about trial and error, when you try the 6 gram rollers you will have an idea of the difference and be able to work out how far you want to go. With my zx, I found 6 gram rollers were the one, so I ordered 6 gram Dr. Pulley sliders, then I put in a 1,000 torque spring and that change every thing, I lost a lot of top speed, about 10km/h. I have since put my 7 gram rollers back in and regained that top, so I will order 7 gram Dr. Pulley sliders. As I said, all trial and error, and lots of fun. Just need to be patient sometimes. :)

At the risk of soundig a bit obtuse, what are sliders? Do they replace the rollers? are they those sort of cam shaped gizmos that can replace the rollers? What is the advantage of using those over rollers, if their weight is the same?

As for speed on mine, I believe going from 7 to 6 will not affect top end. Revs are now very constant at about 4500-5000 up to about 55-60 kmh at which point they start to rise till top rpm. at 70 kph. This would mean that the variator is reaching its max closing. Going lighter will only delay just a bit the closing of the variator  at a speed approaching 70 kmh instead of 60 kph. The advantage should be higher revs while getting there, thus being closer to the power and torque peak of the little mill.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 01:15:09 PM »
Yeah, they eckon the sliders don't wear as much as rollers and the power delivery is smoother. Try a few weights and you will see what gives you the best results, let the fun begin. :)

spidrgr

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »
Yeah, they eckon the sliders don't wear as much as rollers and the power delivery is smoother. Try a few weights and you will see what gives you the best results, let the fun begin. :)

I am somewhat fascinated with the expression '' power delivery '' when talking of a 4 stroke 50cc scooter. Somehow, the image of it does not coïncide with its realisation in reality....dont you agree? I believe the expression '' momentum gathering '' better describes the the way in which the little mill goes on about achieving its duties!

spidrgr

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »
OK, so I finally got AND installed my new 6 gr rollers instead of the 7 gr originals. Remember, my dealer unrestricted my CDI. First thing, right off the line, I noticed higher revs before the clutch engages. Right after, I notice more willingness in the acceleration. A few seconds later, I live in the middle of a steep hill, I was reading 36-37 kmh where it used to read 30-31 kmh. So, up to now, much of the desired result is attained.

After that, I go riding on flat ground. Acceleration seems greatly improved with the revs seemingly much higher. After a while, I notice it gets much faster to 60 kmh, but then, acceleration tapers off to about the same as it was before but I still reach the same top end of about 68-69 kmh. I guess this is the most I can get out of the little engine while maintaining it stock. Remember, its a 50 cc 4 stoke and I weigh about 200 pounds. My wife, on the other hand, noticed more of an improvement, with about 50 or so pounds less. She find acceleration brisk and hill climbing adequate to the point of not slowing trafic down. She says she manages to keep at least 55 kmh going up hill where I, the fatso, only can only muster a miserly 35-40 kmh. So I guess I reached what I was aiming for, better acceleration and acceptable hill climbing ability for my wife so riding is safe in urban trafic.

I guess more power is somewhat possible, but seems more difficult. I'm thinking of changing the jet so I can get more air through the carburetor...but more work. We'll see...

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 12:39:16 AM »
Wow...55kmh up the hill is lookin' good. Now I'm curious how much you will gain when you change the jet too.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 06:57:31 AM »
...awesome spidrgr...

..love them success stories!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »
...awesome spidrgr...

..love them success stories!!!

;D

Yep, we seem to be having a lot of them lately, hope they continue. :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:54 AM »
..i know right!!!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

asources

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 11:11:02 PM »
Vermi has the right idea. Lighter rollers, and stiffer fly springs on the clutch will add some pep to the bottom end, and a k&n type air filter, w/ a larger main jet should get you another 5mph on top

Do you have a model of air filter to suggest to me ??

Stefan

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2011, 08:24:06 PM »
Did you drill the holes in your 4T exhaust?
I was thinking that was a nice cheap upgrade, but also a scary one.
If you did drill the holes, what performance gain did you experience?

jimmboo210

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2013, 01:23:22 AM »
Got a 2007 people s 50 4t  cut the cdi and it goes close to 45. Seems to be a big difference compared to the 35 top speed it held. Hoping i don't blow my engine,as the high rev. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()