Author Topic: Performance carb/jets  (Read 9094 times)

dreflu

• View Profile
Re: Performance carb/jets
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
looks like i'm gonna be trying to solder. i'm gonna try a few shops and see i may luck up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2010, 10:39:33 PM »
W/ the air box off it would not run, and w/ it on it did but studdered, sounds lean still to me. If you are going to buy a jet kit then it wouldn't hurt to open it up a little more. Have you gone 1 or 2 steps so far?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2010, 10:41:59 PM »
To solder them you will need a small tin of flux. It will clean the brass so the solder will stick. you can put a sewing needle in the center to have a pilot hole to start over.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2010, 12:29:03 AM »
Zombie's right, if it won't run with the air box off, you may still me lean.  You can also try putting a washer underneath the needle to raise it a little.  On the stock Keihin I have you could squeeze a washer in there without any other modifications.  It has a spring that holds the needle all the way down, so the washer will just fully compress that spring.  If you're close, you may try that.

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2010, 07:04:45 PM »
i've tried tofind onebut allthe shops around here are closed on mon. i'm tryin to solder it but the solder keeps sticking to the needle and all. how do i get the needle out?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »
Heat the needle. Most of them are stainless and will not stick. If it does just apply the heat straight to the needle

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
the solder works too ;D

now we can get back to speeding this thing up!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()