Author Topic: People S 200 MPG's  (Read 17057 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: People S 200 MPG's
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
From everything I know about engines... You should see 10% increase in mileage using premium fuel.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 03:26:26 AM »
Filled up tonight and got 73 MPG avg back up to around 71.5 now. Used super again. lets see how it goes.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

BadScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 02:11:06 AM »
I have a 2009 and I get about 70 mpg on most tanks. I always use super.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
I have a 2009 and I get about 70 mpg on most tanks. I always use super.

Hey Bad scooter, welcome to the forum, congrats on post number 1!
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 10:53:23 PM »
Filled up again last night, 58 MPG! Very disappointing!!! Same route, same traffic, maybe I was able to squeeze a bit more fuel into the tank this time but could not be that much more, and even if I did that means the last fill up didn't take me as far as the one prior.

68 MPG avg now.

ncarrick783

• View Profile
    • A Peaceful Commute
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »
I bought my 2010 People S 200 from a dealer with only 250 miles on it. Up to about 600 now, and I'm getting right about 70 mpg average with super.
My commute is about 18 miles each way, with about a third through the city (read: stop and go) and the rest on parkways ranging between 40 and 55 mph.
FWIW, when I bought the scoot, the dealer for some reason had put in synthetic oil. I know this is probably awful for the engine during the break-in period. Should I change to mineral this weekend, or is damage already done?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 02:50:44 AM »
It does no damage to use from the beginning. Because it is slicker it takes longer for "breakin" to occur. It's really just when all the parts make larger contact areas due to metals polishing down or heat cycling to seat.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

ncarrick783

• View Profile
    • A Peaceful Commute
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
It does no damage to use from the beginning.

Good to know. Thanks.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 01:34:45 AM »
Filled up last night, 55 MPG! WTF?

Same route every day, 6 miles to and from work nothing else, how do I go from 73 MPG one week to 55MPG the next?

Same gas, same station, same riding conditions.

Next fill up will be something to see.

rosy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 11:26:26 PM »
Got 75 mpg over the last five gallons, regular gas, 14 mi. round trip commutes.  Bike is a 2009.
Kymco S200 (Red)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
Filled up last night, 55 MPG! WTF?

Same route every day, 6 miles to and from work nothing else, how do I go from 73 MPG one week to 55MPG the next?

Same gas, same station, same riding conditions.

Next fill up will be something to see.

Tire pressure?

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »
Tire pressure?

Will check it tomorrow. That's a huge drop though. more then 20%

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 06:10:36 AM »
Just another thought... The carb diaphragm. You will need more, and more throttle if it tears or swells beyond usable. If it just swollen (from Eth) leave it out on a dry place to gas out, and it will shrink back to normal in 2-3 days. I have three that I swap out every 2-3 months.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »
OK tire pres. is/was fine, filled up today and got 66 MPG so back within normal range at least. So much for better MPG with super gas. I'm going back to reg octane and see if my MPG goes back to 70 or so.

Thanks for all the advice thus far.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »
Just another thought... The carb diaphragm. You will need more, and more throttle if it tears or swells beyond usable. If it just swollen (from Eth) leave it out on a dry place to gas out, and it will shrink back to normal in 2-3 days. I have three that I swap out every 2-3 months.

If I have to swap out parts on any of my motorized vehicals every 3 months I'll sell them. I have no time for things being on a lift for BS reasons.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()