Author Topic: scooter clubs............  (Read 4033 times)

Voodooscoot

• View Profile
    • Voodoo Scoots  S/C
Re: scooter clubs............
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 09:57:45 PM »
I would have a group sit down and explain your concerns. If that don't work, I would roll on to a different club or form one with different by laws or ???   Its better to have fun and comradeship, then to see who can go the fastest or the coolest. 

Start a club with 125cc and under.   
Recruiter for Voodoo Scoots   S/C
2013 Super 8 150cc

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 02:48:47 AM »
I would have a group sit down and explain your concerns. If that don't work, I would roll on to a different club or form one with different by laws or ???   Its better to have fun and comradeship, then to see who can go the fastest or the coolest. 

Start a club with 125cc and under.

Giving that a shot..................

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 04:37:00 AM »
atleast the guy called you that night and apologized so he recognized the problem hopefully he handles it.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
Wow blue
Sorry to hear this.
Man...it might not have been much fun chasing bigger scooters for 45miles!!
Yeah....probably be more fun with smaller scoots in the pack.
Hope you're able to work something out.
(sometimes I get ahead of myself. ...but usually I can catch up....then  give myself a good talking to. Like yesterday when I waited nearly too long to take that highway exit doing 65 when testing the Burgman's new sliders! Good thing it was not one of those decreasing radius ramps!!:O
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:30 PM »
We have à local scooter club, or I think we still do. It started out with both large bikes and the smallest scooters were 250cc. We usually rode as fast as the slowest bikes and if we did get stretched out a bit or separated the ride leader would pull off to let the others catch up. Most group rides generally end up at a restaurant and perhaps a great place to chat about this as a group and come to a consensus about how you're going to ride as a group. I know others who ride their own ride and don't hang with the pack and eventually meetup at the breakfast or lunch stop. This is particularly important if the group is riding too fast for others comfort levels in the twisties. I've also fallen to the rear of the pack when I was uncomfortable following behind someone who's riding unsafely.

Personally, I've been on group rides with many different groups and all scooters or mixed,  bikes and scooters, but the one thing we've never done is abandon members in the group who were too slow. That's kind of a cardinal rule of group riding. Sounds like y'all need to have some open communication about this.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:32:31 PM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 12:34:29 PM »
It’s surprising to hear you were left behind. Most organized group rides have a tail gunner to make sure no one is left behind, or to communicate to the leader if some has a crash or break down.

I’d say go with your own club. If it happened once (getting left behind) I have a feeling it will happen again. I’m a member of a club in Philly, but they have zero rides, and generally organize to met at rallies. I’ve considered starting my own club in South Jersey where I live, but I’ve no experience in creating one, and would be lost as to where and how to start.

- Wolf

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »
I’ve considered starting my own club in South Jersey where I live, but I’ve no experience in creating one, and would be lost as to where and how to start.

- Wolf

Perhaps start a Facebook page for your scooter club. It's free and a great place to draw folks in. Also most newspapers have a weekly community events page that one can list for free their event. Lot's of restaurants to meet at on a Saturday morning to meetup to create a gathering and perhaps a ride.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
I’ve considered starting my own club in South Jersey where I live, but I’ve no experience in creating one, and would be lost as to where and how to start.

Who need s a club. Most of the Jeep stuff I do is just online posting and meeting up with people to run trails. If you can find a place to post where locals see it you could just have get together loosely organized runs.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Voodooscoot

• View Profile
    • Voodoo Scoots  S/C
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 08:58:59 PM »
Who needs a club?

Depends on what you want.

Basic ride
Charity runs

If you just want to ride with a few people every now and then, no club needed.

Do you want structure and organized events,runs,camp outs,etc

If all members pay dues with a Treasure keeping track and depositing money in a bank. Get a club.

Then you can find a small building and rent it, now you have a club house.   
Recruiter for Voodoo Scoots   S/C
2013 Super 8 150cc

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
I started MSLF with another forum member here Triesandluth we hadn't even met but talked here and on another forum I had craigslist ads out looking for people to ride with already and had met a couple just changed them up to forming a club mest some that had been riding in small groups already and it just kinda took off. It's not hard to start a Club if you got riders in your area the hard part is keeping it together and Drama free.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 01:04:19 AM »
Not sure our local club is still a club as it ebbs and flows. Personally though I prefer to ride alone. I've seen more accidents and close calls on riders hitting each other. Once over in the Davis Mtns. near the McDonald Observatory I was following behind the ride leader who braked hard and came to a complete stop in the middle of the road because of buzzards on road kill. We all had radio communication but they never warned of their stop and was kinda dicey as I ran on past them going 70mph in very close quarters on the road. Interestingly I rode past the carcass as the buzzards were outa there pretty fast. These days I'm not riding with groups anymore and feel much safer making that my call. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:08:51 AM by Scooter Dan »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 01:52:30 AM »
All Im realy looking for is a group of people to ride with 1 a week on the same day and time every week. if make plans for other rides then so be it....just some way of making friends with scoots.............

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 02:09:58 AM »
Might ride out to your local hangouts and keep your eye open for scoots at either breakfast or lunch time. See a scoot, run inside to see if you can find the owner and introduce yourself. Like a buddy of mine; Ole Joe once told me; if you want a friend be a friend. My best experiences with riding with others was usually riding with one or two people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()