Author Topic: 600 miles on my DT 300i... service/maintenance?  (Read 760 times)

spikebites

• View Profile
600 miles on my DT 300i... service/maintenance?
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »
I have roughly 600 miles on my scooter and I was wondering if I should take it to the dealer for service since when I purchased it, they said that I should get the oil changed at 500 miles?   Has anyone or does anyone recommend any service done on the scooter at 600 miles?  And if I need an oil change, I'm guessing it shoul dbe simple enough to do myself?  What oil brands are recommended?

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: 600 miles on my DT 300i... service/maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
I was told that it was for the warranty ,  they put syn. 90 in the gears,  and reg. dino. oil in the motor,  and the should do a over all nut  check for tightness, with lock tight blue, and lock tight red on the exhaust heat shield,  and lastly, check the valves , and you should be good for 20,000 km.  or until you get into Dr. pulley sliders 14 or 15 gram sliders,. after 2,000 km you can use 5 W 50 full syn. oil in the moter, any brand of your choise,  I use mobil 1 and for my last oil change I am trying shell rotella T6 O W 40,. I have heard good things about it,    I am in Ottawa On. Canada, there is very few maxi scooters around here,. so I ride with some Harleys, once in a while,. don goulet  ride safe. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()