Author Topic: kymco zx50 wont start when cold  (Read 853 times)

jeffh

• View Profile
kymco zx50 wont start when cold
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »
I have a kymco zx50 that I have had for a year now that is still not running. What I find is that if I pour fuel into the carb it will eventually run fine and idle perfectly. I have tested the choke and is ok, it heats up and the needle drops down but when connected to the bike system it doesn't work. I have replaced the cdi , cleaned the carb thoroughly and jets, replaced the fuel tap up by the tank. Any ideas? I'm thinking what ever controls the choke is the problem.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:25:26 AM by jeffh »

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
Re: kymco zx50 wont start when cold
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:42:41 PM »
Remove the fuel tank and clean it out, then check your feed hoses for holes or nips. Replace or remove any inline fuel filters

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: kymco zx50 wont start when cold
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:03 AM »
I have a kymco zx50 that I have had for a year now that is still not running. What I find is that if I pour fuel into the carb it will eventually run fine and idle perfectly. I have tested the choke and is ok, it heats up and the needle drops down but when connected to the bike system it doesn't work. I have replaced the cdi , cleaned the carb thoroughly and jets, replaced the fuel tap up by the tank. Any ideas? I'm thinking what ever controls the choke is the problem.

Please explain this again so an idiot like me knows what you mean.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()