Author Topic: Please help me with my moped  (Read 620 times)

Ginmeow

• View Profile
Please help me with my moped
« on: September 10, 2022, 04:42:02 AM »
I recently purchased an used Like 50 2T,  moped is beautiful but there is a problem with accelerations,  moped goes 0-15 no problem but when the speed reaches 15 -24 range acceleration ridiculously drops until it goes up to 25 mph it speeds up again to top speed of 28 -29 mph.  BTW the speed restrictor is installed,  Could it be restrictor causing the problem? If so how do I uninstall speed restrictor?  My dealer won't do it for some reasons.  :'(

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me with my moped
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 07:16:15 PM »
I recently purchased an used Like 50 2T,  moped is beautiful but there is a problem with accelerations,  moped goes 0-15 no problem but when the speed reaches 15 -24 range acceleration ridiculously drops until it goes up to 25 mph it speeds up again to top speed of 28 -29 mph.  BTW the speed restrictor is installed,  Could it be restrictor causing the problem? If so how do I uninstall speed restrictor?  My dealer won't do it for some reasons.  :'(

Check YouTube for videos on de restricting your 50. There're plenty of them.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

Mark James

• View Profile
Re: Please help me with my moped
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 08:16:50 PM »
3 restrictions on this bike.

Variator boss, carb jet, and muffler.  Easiest thing to do is buy a new variator because they usually come with a new drive boss.  You will need an electric impact wrench or figure out a way to hold the variator while you unscrew the variator nut.  Upgrade the carb jet (search this forum for size).  The muffler can be left alone but to de-ristrict it you can cut off the extra emissions tubes and weld the hole shut.
Tao Tao 50 (sold)
Kymco Super Fever (sold)
Piaggio Fly 50 (sold)
Kymco Like 50
-Malossi BBK
-19mm keihin clone 92,38,needle clip 5
-original muffler with restrictions removed
-Polini variator w/8.5 rollers
-runleader temp/tach
Kymco Like 200i (parts bike)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()