Author Topic: Fair Asking Price for 2006 P250 w/ 12k miles? RED FLAGS TO LOOK FOR/ASK ABOUT?  (Read 1355 times)

brazildazzle

• View Profile
Hello!  My first post here and I'm so happy to have found this group. I am planning on making this 2006 P250 my first scooter. I'm currently countering the dealers asking price of $2,850 out the door,  keep in mind I am in San Francisco, a very expensive market.  The owner of the shop is out of town so I just my emailed my counter offer of $1,800 cash out the door, still haven't heard back.  This shop seems to have a good reputation but I was curious if any of you would consider dealers price and what info you would need to know or what questions answered before even considering buying? It looks good, it seemed to run just fine...Let me know if you have any initial thoughts.  Thanks for your help!

-Michael
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:15:28 PM by brazildazzle »

lewtwo

• View Profile
    • My Kymco Like 150i ABS web page
I was thinking $2000 to $2500 for an individual.
Dealers have liability issues so their prices are generally a bit higher.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
https://www.keywild.com/scooter/Kymco150i/

brazildazzle

• View Profile
Thanks lewtwo.  Turns out the dealership had the year and mileage wrong, actually 2004 with 7,000 miles.  I ended up getting out the door with registration, limited warranty for $2600.  Probably a bit more than I wanted to spend but it's a cool grey with no damage and has been running awesome.

MaryK

• View Profile
If you are happy, then the price was just right.

Wear your safety gear and have fun,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

StevieB

• View Profile
I know I'm late in getting this in for price data, but I got one (P250S) from a dealer for $1995 with about 3K on it. It was an '08 and was never registered. It was another dealer's demo scooter that my friend's kymco dealership purchased. So it was a "new" '08 purchased in '14 with 3K on it…LOL. I had the mechanic go through it end:end and I cannot distinguish it from a brand new one (except for the OD and the nice new scratch that was incurred when my wife dropped it against my Goldwing…DOH!). Now time to find red touchup paint!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Thanks lewtwo.  Turns out the dealership had the year and mileage wrong, actually 2004 with 7,000 miles.  I ended up getting out the door with registration, limited warranty for $2600.  Probably a bit more than I wanted to spend but it's a cool grey with no damage and has been running awesome.
That's a very handsome scooter - good on you!
Enjoy it and post some dadgum pictures of scooterin on it in San Francisco !!
Regards, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()