Author Topic: Givi windshield found on ebay!  (Read 1423 times)

melodys39

• View Profile
Givi windshield found on ebay!
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »
I found a Givi windscreen for the Grandvista 250 on ebay. It had never been mounted, since the owner sold his scoot before he got around to mounting it.

The pictures show the stickers on the screen, and the mounting package unopened. And he still had the original box.

All of this for only $15.50, plus $20 shipping!!!  :) :D ;D

The seller sent the package Fed-Ex the day after the auction, and I should have it within a couple of days. Can't wait!
'09 White Grandvista 250 "Dinky"

clamman

• View Profile
Re: Givi windshield found on ebay!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
Good For You !!  Every once in a while you get a great deal...just have to stay on top and keep looking every day . Congrats & enjoy it !

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
Be sure to let us know if you like it.

Scoot safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

melodys39

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 02:10:58 PM »
I got my windshield installed, and boy, is it a lot quieter! It is probably too tall for me (when it rains), but it doesn't block my field of vision. And there is much less wind on my hands, which will be good in the colder weather.

I also got a Givi top case for my scoot, an E30 or E30N, which is a 30 liter case. It has a brake light option, which I like, but most of all I like it because it holds my Scorpion 900 XL modular helmet. I haven't found any scooter sized cases that would do that.

So now I am Givi in the front, and Givi in the back!

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:22:43 PM »
Glad you like the windscreen.  For reference, how tall are you ?

It sounds like you got a great deal.  I almost bid on it myself.

How fast have you ridden with the windscreen ?  Someone indicated that it didn't do well at highway speeds.

Thanks for the updates.

Scoot safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

melodys39

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 02:27:10 AM »
I am 5'2".

I was a little concerned about how the windshield would react at highway speeds, but I haven't had any problems. The braces are very sturdy, and it doesn't seem to move any more than the stock windshield did. But the ride is much quieter.

I am wondering how well it will work when it's raining, but I am going to take the advice of another forum reader who wrote that Givi recommends a coat of Nu Finish polish. So that is what I am going to try  ;)

catman2130093

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 03:48:26 AM »
Hi Melody-I've applied the NuFinish but haven't been caught in the rain with it yet. It definitely needed something,as the last rainstorm I was in I could barely see at all! The drops just sat on the screen. It would have been impossible to see at night. The taller screen is definitely more quiet,and it does keep the wind off of your hands-though I always wear gloves,I can tell the difference.  Safe scootering and happy trails!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()