Author Topic: Chrome trim bars  (Read 262 times)

kymcolou

• View Profile
Chrome trim bars
« on: April 14, 2024, 10:48:46 PM »
Can someone please tell me if I am wasting my time scoring the Internet trying to find Chrome trim bars for my 2020 like 200i SE?
Google is really failing me here!!  Absolutely NOTHING!!
I really want that retro look of the chrome fall bars and front and rear luggage racks but I have come up with the big fat zero searching for months.  Can someone help save my sanity. :-)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Chrome trim bars
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 06:09:47 PM »
Can someone please tell me if I am wasting my time scoring the Internet trying to find Chrome trim bars for my 2020 like 200i SE?
Google is really failing me here!!  Absolutely NOTHING!!
I really want that retro look of the chrome fall bars and front and rear luggage racks but I have come up with the big fat zero searching for months.  Can someone help save my sanity. :-)
Hello,
I too went looking for the chrome crash-bar set made by Kymco as an accessory - back in the week I bought my LIKe200iLX in 2013.
My dealer located the bar for the front fender - but the large side bars of the kit were very hard to find.
I resorted to getting a list of Kymco dealers from the Kymco usa web page....and started phoning dealers looking for the bars.
After many calls I found a dealer in TX, Moxiescooters, I think was the name of the dealer. He had the large part of the kit - and it took some doing to get him to go to the trouble of shipping it to me!
Here is a photo of the day I installed the large bars in my back yard, (April, 2013) still have the paper tag on the scooter!

There was an Italian scooter accessory company that made chrome crash bars for the LIKE200i. I've seen photos of them - and an Italian forum member had a set of them on his scooter.
I believe the Italian accessory compny was "FAR".
I do not like the way these are mounted to the plastic panels on each side. Ther OEM Kymco bars are more solidly mounted and might just serve a practical purpose in an 'off'!

In any event - locating a set will take some work! I wish you the best of luck!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()