Author Topic: Water bottle? GPS/phone mounts?  (Read 1299 times)

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
Water bottle? GPS/phone mounts?
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
Just curious what you use on your bike for water?  I live in Florida and pretty much ride every day...with the summer coming quickly I am going to need some way to keep cool. 

I have an idea about placing something in the center of my handlebars...we will see.  Unless there is someway to mount my Sumsung phone to the bike there?  Or a GPS unit (although my phone has GPS and that makes more sense to me).

:-\ ??? :-\
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

ChandlerScoot

• View Profile
Re: Water bottle? GPS/phone mounts?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
Regarding the GPS, I mounted a stand alone Garmin Nuvi with a hardwire that is connected to the key. It shuts off when I turn the bike off.
For the water, I keep a bottle or two in a tail bag seeing that I live in the desert.

Simon
2009 Kymco Xciting Ri With no mods.

RURC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
Nothing like Ram Mounts.

Www.rammount.com

More choices than you can possibly follow. The products are insane strong. Made of aluminum. Very very adjustable. They have at least 10 different mounts for motorcycles. Here where I say 'mount' I mean the base mount that everything they make mounts to. It is awesome.

RURC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »
I put mine in the center of the wheel like you are looking at. It works great.

htcneil2

• View Profile
Re: Water bottle? GPS/phone mounts?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:33:50 PM »
Just curious what you use on your bike for water?  I live in Florida and pretty much ride every day...with the summer coming quickly I am going to need some way to keep cool. 

I have an idea about placing something in the center of my handlebars...we will see.  Unless there is someway to mount my Sumsung phone to the bike there?  Or a GPS unit (although my phone has GPS and that makes more sense to me).

:-\ ??? :-\

1. You could remove the helmet holder at the console and put a bicycle water bottle holder, its adjustable

2. I ended up getting a console bag, and still have my water bottle holder inside

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()