Author Topic: Block Party Note Anything Different Following 3 Photo's!!  (Read 2903 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Block Party Note Anything Different Following 3 Photo's!!
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:50:31 PM »
Every year, the local Cycle Shop (large) has a "Block Party" and it gets loaded with bikers from all over. I have been going to it every year and feel in place...no problem at all! I shoot hundreds of photo's for the owner and enjoy the 2 day event. Someone on here asked that I place pix's on here so....! Here's several.

Syl

• View Profile
Re: Block Party Note Anything Different Following 3 Photo's!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
Another Photo.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
One More!

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
Just a Note here.....probably 2-300 Bikes here and one guy comes in every year with what you found that is different! Is it noticeable...oh yeah and actually created a lot of interest. I was proud in my own way to talk about it even while surrounded with all the bikers. I am not backward nor worried what events I go to with my proud Kymco 500I. The organizer of this Block Party is from whom I purchased my unit. Again in the 2 day event, I shot probably 5-600 photo's.

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »
For some reason I could not look at the photos without thinking of the song I used to hear 30 years ago on the Sesame Street childrens TV show: "One of these things is not like the others - One of these things doesn't belong..."     :)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:17:54 PM by bdrannik »
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »
"Doesn't Belong"....! On the contrary, There is nothing that sez it doesn't belong. "Different", yes, I just wish there were many many more of the different ones. Like I said, I am proud to go where ever with my scooter even though it is something different and looking like out of place!!

bdrannik

• Southwest Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 11:30:42 PM »
Don't read too much into the lyrics - the comment was indirectly meant to say it's nice to see a scooter out among the other cycle crowds..

Originally for the second part I had "One of these things is not the same" as that is how I remembered it - but then watched the video and since I had the quote marks thought I'd better make the words match the song or somebody would've corrected me on the lyrics..  hehe..   :)

If you've seen my post in the Photos area of my Downtown at the bike night gathering you'd know I feel the same - will take the scooter to any 2-wheeled event and not be embarrassed in any way for being on a scooter..

Nice photos by the way - it looked like a good get-together..  I was also a photography person in the past - we'll have to chat about that other hobby sometime.

Have a good night, Brent
2011 DT300i - Givi Windshield - HID 5K Low/High Beams - LED Tail/Turn/License Bulbs - Front signal mirrors converted to running lights/signal - Dummy bulbs to LED 5K white running light/amber signals -  Givi E55 w/Admore LED Kit & custom paint - Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm - NGK CR7EIX - Amsoil Synthetics

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Brent..tnx. Happy to hear another goes to any event consisting of mostly the other type. The bigger event I went to was so called "The Ride For Homeless Vets". Past years I had gone to them but couldn't go on the ride being my scooters were a bit too short of power to stay with the groups of 3-400 bikes. Therefore I did my hobby bit which I am also retired from....News Photographer...a so called Photo-Journalist. With the 500 I made the trip this year and kept up with all on the trip with no problem. I came from the 200, 300 and now as said...the 500 and I think that is the last step up. I used to be a certified diver but gave that up after the local rivers got so darn dirty, one couldn't see more than 2-3 feet in front of you. Years ago, New Smyrna Beach, I was hit in the leg by either a Moray or Barracuda. That was the end to my ocean wandering. I do much hobby photo shoots now and go simply with one camera which I am very comfortable with. Nikon CoolPix p510. 42X, 16.1 megapixels is very comfortable for me. I don't care to carry all the different lenses when one like this is available. I worked with two Pulitzer Winners, John Filo and Eddie Adams, both lived near me. The Filo shot was about the 13 year old girl from FL which showed her after she was not found for awhile. Talk to you more.

sjb9989

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 01:31:14 AM »
I took my 2009 x-500 to Bike week in Daytona, Fl.
I felt fine with the Harley Riders and they with me...the sport bikers were making comments...like I didn't belong.
Harley Riders said I did that's all the mattered.
Never look back, because someone my pass you.
          Proud owner 2009 Xciting 500r

sjb9989

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 01:45:13 AM »
Syl, I like the small bags...Who makes them. I have a pair of cyclegear saddle bags. They damaged the fairing so i took them off and put "red" pinstripe on to cover up the damage...Doesn't look bad. will post pics soon :)
Never look back, because someone my pass you.
          Proud owner 2009 Xciting 500r

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »
"The Small Side Bags", Are "Tourmaster", Nylon Cruiser III Tool Bags. They came with a FREE Rain/Dust Cover inside. They have a four-way strap mounting affair..meaning the straps can tie on vertically or horizontally. I use mine for keeping my thermos cold and camera in at times with the Rain and Dust cover. Many people
asked me about them..they are heavy duty water proof and keep their shape. I put the soft strip velcro in places I didn't want too much rubbing.

Keltyk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
In South Africa I am nearly always the "different"one as here there are not more than a handful or so Kymco's, let alone XC500's, and I really proud to be able to showcase this stunning scoot!!!!
Loving my XC500.

Vanceman201

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:55 AM »
Yo, bdrannik.....a swell observation on your part with the Sesame Street thing.
A real hoot !
"Don't believe any of what you hear and half of what you see."

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 03:58:21 AM »
It is funny! Nice time Syl. Thanx...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()