Author Topic: Variator  (Read 8416 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Variator
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
Do they make them for the stock variator? And should you stay with stock weights, or go 1 gram higher like I did when I got the Dr Pulley's? :-* Also do an MPG study for us. :-*

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 12:49:38 AM »
AWESOME!It sounds like they have the same "profile" as Dr. Pulley... Higher rpms at the same weight. Can't wait to hear more...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
they sent me same weight as the stock malossi rollers and stock rollers. Haven't tested the stock pulley with th FR yet. As for the mpg n0t minding it yet but it drop significantly. Due to wot!
"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow!"

Scumeda3

• I drive a 2009 Xciting Ri
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »
What's the latest on rollers?  I am looking for better mpg.  I seem to get @ 50mpg registering @75mph with some WOT.  I weigh about 200 w/gear.  Will heavier rollers do the trick?  I hear acceleration suffers when you do this.  Any info is apprectiated.

The reason I ask, I was reading the DT300 Forum and there are @100 posts for this subject.  Didn't read them all, but interesting stuff!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »
If you went 1gr heavier you would wind up running 150rpm+ - less at the same speeds. You could do the math to get the optimum rpm/cruise ratio. That and a Hi Energy Ignition coil/iridium plug, and good fuel. You will gain quite a few mpg. I'd guess +10% at least.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()