Author Topic: Showing off my Xciting  (Read 3615 times)

TeamTEOR

• Off to The Edge Of Reality
    • View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
Showing off my Xciting
« on: December 09, 2007, 05:53:19 PM »
Here is my 2007 Xciting 500

Installed Mods:
ISO grips with throttle bosses, Binetto top box BN-T27, Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone Air Horn, Brake light flasher unit, self made mirror extensions, self installed brake light into top box.

Mods coming soon:
TomTom Rider 2nd Edition (I just have to mount it), 2 way paging alarm, Jac Vinson backrest modification.

All year round riding gear:
O'Neal riding boots, sweade construction boots (for when taking the quick little trips), KBC Front Flip helmet with Cardo Scala Rider FM-Bluetooth System, Airhawk seat cushion.

Summer riding gear:
Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 pants,Teknic mesh jacket, Motorboss water cooling vest, 3rd street armored leather summer gloves.

Winter riding gear:
Cortech Scarab gloves, Frank Thomas jacket, Lewis Hypertech pants, Givi windshield for the Xciting.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:24:17 AM by TeamTEOR »
Riding my Xciting 500 off to The Edge Of Reality

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Show off your Xciting
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:29:29 PM »
Looks great man!  Thanks for the pics. 

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:23:47 AM »
It has been fun, working up all of the mods and customizing it to the way I like it. I am almost in the home stretch on the seat itself, all in all I am pretty happy with my Xciting. One other thing that I have added on is the Jac Vinson back rest, which was a fantastic mod, also had a set of mirror extensions made, so now you do not see the ugly couplers that I used originally. The TomTom Rider 2 has been a fun add, and I found that I can use the mount to hold a camera as well if I want to. Ever wanted to record a ride around your special riding areas? I backed off the idea of the alarm system for the moment. There was too much going on this winter to take up that idea. The dome in the seat pan has been removed, and the seat padded down. The weather is warming up so it is time to remount the stock windshield and to put the Givi & Frank Thomas jacket away. I picked up a Phoenix 4.0 jacket on a great sale from New Enough, so the Teknic jacket will become a general summer jacket.

In the next couple of months I plan of trying out the new headset systems from Parrot that will connect to 10 different bluetooth units, and also operates in stereo. It will allow me to have access to my cellphone, TomTom, and also my MP3 player all via bluetooth. I believe it will also do voice communications to other bluetooth headsets. There is a stereo unit out now from Camos that will do 2 bluetooth devices, but it is oddly made and has a lot of extra wire, bulky connectors, and is a bear to setup. The bad manual it comes with is not much help. So for now I'll stick with my trusty Cardo Scala Rider FM (mono).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:26:01 AM by TeamTEOR »

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
Re: Showing off my Xciting
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 05:29:38 AM »

mirror extensions (4 inches long)

Current picture.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:38:19 AM by TeamTEOR »

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »

In the next couple of months I plan of trying out the new headset systems from Parrot that will connect to 10 different bluetooth units, and also operates in stereo. It will allow me to have access to my cellphone, TomTom, and also my MP3 player all via bluetooth.

Can't wait to see that!  I saw a video on MCN recently about a tank bag that would accomplish this function.  Sounds awsome.

Your Xciting is coming along nicely.  The mirror extensions are a good idea.

I have heard good things about New Enough.  Have not purchased anything there yet.

Thanks for the update.

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »
The way that the Parrot system works is that the order in which you bind the units is the order of priority of which it is set to work.

Oskar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 11:31:37 AM »
Hi nice bike, how did you mount the gps unit? is it run just on its own battery or connected to the bikes electrical?
Oskar

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 04:30:26 PM »
Complements on a fine looking scoot.  ;D
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com