Author Topic: New parts  (Read 912 times)

Hans

• View Profile
New parts
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

This is the story,
A few monts ago i bought a xcting 500 in belgium and get her thru customs and i dit a little resarch on the machine, now ater about 2500 km's i had the feeling that there was something wrong with the clutch so i opened the vario cover and tried to remove the nuts from the clutch that was heavy but it went of.
i took of the cover and the shoes lookt verry normal but i renewd the whole with the original parts the spring included.
next i replaced the rols and sliders in the vario .
after that was done i replaced the brake pads in the front and rear , there was a little problem with te pads , i ordered by germany 3 sets for the back wheel ,there is only one tiny point on the back blocks and that fits in the handbrake adjust part.
thats the only thing between front and the back brake , with he ginder make it flat and they fit at he front too and you save lots of money.
i changed the oil and filter .
and then i went for a test drive ........guess what    AWSOME

the rpm went down with about 750 and it drives super

Greetings  Hans van der Meijden (the Netherlands)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: New parts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »
That's great, Hans!  :)  You know, treat your scooter good and it will treat you good. 

Thanks for the tip about the brake pads. 

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
Re: New parts
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »
Great idea on the brake pads, I will keep that in mind when I have to replace mine.  I just put mine back together last night after replacing the rear tire.  Test ride, awsome with the new tire.  I love this little machine. 
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()