Author Topic: Givi Windhield  (Read 5481 times)

rick71

• View Profile
Re: Givi Windhield
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
Shouldn't there be less drag with the smooth, tapered windshield as opposed to the air hitting the rider?
Rick

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
I'll try to load pictures. But I have never done so before. I just got a digital cam. If I can figure it out, I will do so. Any info would be nice.  :-*

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
rick71, It would seem to be true if the windshield is tapered and has a lot of backward angle, which the tall Givi is neither.  The small sport windshield lowers the bubble and yep the wind hits you in the face but it's going to be more turbulance than solid wind you get with no windshield. (I used to ride that way in my younger days, not much on bugs, rocks, birds and rain in the face anymore...)  I would say that you get a lot of drag from no windshield, but you cut that considerable with the sport shield, especially if you tuck down low behind it or max speed.   A few years ago I went from the stock windshield on the wing to a Tulsa.  The Tulsa has a lot of slope and very much holds the lines of the fairing.  The difference in the Tulsa windshield and the factory one made the factory windshield feel like I was pushing a barn door.  The tall Givi does a good job of blocking the wind but at the cost of a lot of wind resistance and on my scoot seems the wind resistance and the power equalize about 90 MPH and that's all she will do.  I never tried it with the short sport windshield since my Givi was mounted before I picked it up.  A small price for the wind protection since I rarely have need to drive 90 MPH other than to satisfy my curiosity to see how fast it will go.  Guys, with the stock Ri windshield what's the scoop?
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:05:33 AM »
What is a Tulsa?

It sounds like the regular  "stock" clear windscreen is the best compromise for me. It cuts a lot of wind, but doesn't seem add much, if any, drag.
Rick

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »
A windshield made for motorcycles by Tulsa Enterprises.  http://www.allamericanprod.com/windshields.html 

Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 02:05:02 AM »
You put a Tulsa windshield on a scoot?
Rick

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 01:06:05 PM »
No, Tulsa is on the Goldwing.  Tall Givi is on the scoot cause Tulsa doesn't make one for the scoot.  Wish they did.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()