Author Topic: Givi Windhield  (Read 5482 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Givi Windhield
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »
Just installed my new Givi Shield. Holy crap, big & I mean big diff over stock. I had the tall 2007 screen on the bike, but I still got far to much air over the top (had to crouch all the time). And at freeway speeds, sometimes I felt as if I was going to get knocked off the bike. The bike was stable, but I got beat up at 65 mph & above. The bike would dance over the road when a big semi would pass me (when cought in it's draft). This was because the wind would hit my shoulder & upper body. This is all gone now. As the shield protects my upper body, I & the bike are not effected by semi's anymore. It is a complete diff from before. I can ride now as I did on my Harley & BMW dressers. I would say this shield is a 90% improvement over the stock shield. Also because the shield flip's or bend's out at hand level, I can now ride without bug's & rock's busting up my hand's. The shield is very tall, but what's nice is that this protects my wife also. I odered this shield through Competition Accessories $142.99 They had two sizes? I got the slightly wider one. 34 inch tall by 26.5 wide. Part # Givi (D291ST). This shield has cut out slot's at hand level, & when the bar's are turned, the stems fit right up inside the cut out slot's cut in the shield. I DON"T HAVE TO CHANGE OR MODIFY MY STOCK BARS!!!! I could not recommend this shield more.  :-*

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Givi Windhield
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
Sorry, ment to say I don't need to change or modify my stock mirrors (not bars)! :-*

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:51:35 AM »
soooo are you selling the old shield?  ;D  is it in great shape?
2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 02:17:15 AM »
Nice, Sissy. That Xciting of yours is turning into a heavenly scoot! 

HTCneil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:25:57 AM »
i just got mine too. However I find that it creates like a vacuum, that pushes me forward instead of backward. Also because of the heat here in Houston, the shorter R sheild is better. I put back the R sheild and will use the tall givi for winter time.

Also It is so huge it makes my bike look very different.

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »
Sissy,

Do you have pictures of the Givi windshield installed?
Rick

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
I love my Givi windshield.  Had it mounted my the dealer before I even picked up the scooter.  The mirrors do bump it every now and then when turning around in tight spaces, but no problem when actually driving.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »
I may sell the old shield? Let me think about it a few days. Yes it is huge & does kind of change how the bike looks, but I like it, makes the bike look bigger. The only time I feel any wind/turbulance is if there is a fairly strong wind comming from the rear. I can feel it giving the bike a little push from behind, but really, you hardly feel it at all. Yes the shorter shield is a bit cooler, but since I ride mostly highways-freeways & such here in Arizona where the distance between anywhere is so vast, I think I will leave the GIVI on. It is so nice not to be pushed around when a semi passes me, I don't even think about a truck passing me anymore. The shield is that good. It's really like riding a big full dressed touring bike now, amazing! Anyway, make me an offer on the shield. & yes, it's in perfect shape.

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
Attached is a picture of the tall Givi on the X500.  Great looking scoot, huh.  ;D

Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 03:19:57 AM »
Why, yes!  As a matter of fact, it IS!   ;)

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »
I am not even sure what to offer for the shield, being as I do not even know the cost of it originally O_o;; anyone know the cost? But the bike does not look to bad with the givi on it.

nice bike winginman, still like my red best though  ;D

I will think on price asking and what not after I look around to see what it cost is originally.

thanks
2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
My shield looks just like winginmans, but where the mirrors would hit there are cut outs or grooved out areas where the mirror stems would slide or go up into, so I can turn the handle bars all the way to the left or right? His must be the other part # shield as mentioned in above post. The diff is only about 1 inch wide & or tall. Maybe mine is a new version made by Givi to cope with the H-bar issue? They originally designed the shield for the X250/500 when the mirrors were mounted to the front of the fairing and not on the bars.  :-*

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
Yep, sissy the cutouts for the mirrors (bars) would be nice.  While it does not affect normal riding I have knocked my mirrors out of adjustment when turning around in tight places or parking.   :-\  Humm, I think I may check out the other windshield.
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 02:14:38 AM »
Sissy,

Can you post a picture of your scoot head on? I'm trying to find pictures of X500s with the Givi windshield installed.
Rick

HTCneil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 07:34:54 AM »
is it me or my bike but with the givi windsheil i can only get to 90 mph indicated, I have 500ri.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()