Author Topic: Seat problem fix.  (Read 1226 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Seat problem fix.
« on: June 07, 2010, 04:12:34 PM »
 ;DGo to www.day-long.com & check out their seats. I have owned 3 Russell day long seats in the past & they can not be beat. Absolutely no pain, numbness, butt sore NOTHING. I put a 2009 seat on my 2007 X500, and it is much better, but I may pay the price to be able to get back into the 500 mile per day club again. Believe me when I say this (they used to call this the Mayer 1,000 mile cycle saddle). And this was no lie! You will need an x large (s-6) I think seat? Click on pictures, they have a few pic's of their seats on scooters, but I did not see any for the X500. These are custom made for you. You send in pic's of you and or your passenger, height, weight, in-seam and your done. They are not cheap, but you will never regret the price. I did 850 miles one day on my BMW R100 RT on a trip to Michigan from Arizona, and felt perfectly fine at the end of the day. Like I had not ridden at all that day. 2,000 miles in 3 day's! I only stopped at 850 miles the first day do to bad cross winds while crossing the pan handle of Texas. They were so bad I had to get off the road. Everytime a semi passed me I would almost get sucked in under the trailer. Sissy.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Seat problem fix.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:14:33 AM »
WOW.... VERY VERY VERY nice.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »
Certainly is!  I can dream. . .

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:56:12 PM »

I did 850 miles one day

...wwowww....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:53:36 AM »
Oh yeah, those cross winds. I live in Texas and ride across some of the plains. Old ranchers around her have a saying when the Northers come blowing in. They say, "There's nothing between central Texas and the North Pole but a couple of strands of barbed wire in El Paso."

I had a custom seat made for my '07 X500 and went from San Antonio, Texas to New Orleans and back in 4 days for my son's wedding. I had to carry lots of clothes. Total trip: 1570 miles. My butt was a little tired on the last day and the last 30 miles.

The worst part was the freeway from Louisiana border to New Orleans. Crossing the swamps was neat. umm alligators.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()