Author Topic: shaking front wheel  (Read 1516 times)

Hans

• View Profile
shaking front wheel
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:53:47 AM »
Hello, does some one know what is the cause of the shaking of the front from the xcitting 500 .
when i close the throttle and the speed goes down at 60km and i hold the steering slidey loose in the hand then it starts to shake

Hans

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: shaking front wheel
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:06:04 AM »
It sounds like a balance issue. There are a few other things to check. Try Locking the front brake, and rock the scoot back, and forth to see if there is any play in the fork/handle bar assembly. The cups, and bearings do need to be inspected/serviced periodically. Next w/ the front wheel firmly braced try turning the bars from side to side to see if there is any play in the forks. There may be a loose clamp on one of them. If the front end feel ok, how much tread is left on the front tire? It may be time to up grade. If all that is good you may simply need to balance the tire using  http://www.sudco.com/pj1.html   I have it in both tires, and it runs smooth as glass.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
the problem is solved, it was actualy verry simple just the tire turned on the wheel and on the balance machine only 5 grams  and it was gone

works perfect

Hans

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:12 AM »
same problem here! it came with a stock maxxis tires no problem there but when i replaced it with a pirelli gts after 10tkms the shaking came out. now i only get 4-5tkms on the front tire. can't find a shop that have a wheel  balancing for scooter tires.
"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow!"

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()