Author Topic: Upgrade suspension?  (Read 4685 times)

drifter

• Twist n' Go Power!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade suspension?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:31 AM »
$350? That's a lot cheaper! Is it for a pair or just a piece?
"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow!"

Bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
He said R1300 each so I worked on R2600 for the set. I'll send the local dude, Mr. Roy Chen an e-mail tomorrow and see if he will respond. Regards.

Bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 05:33:26 AM »
Finally the Kymco dude tells me he has ordered the gas shocks and should arrive in 7-10 days. Then we'll see what the real price is going to be. I have decided to have the dealer fit them just in case there may be issues with the warrenty then at the same time I'll ask him to open the front shocks and make sure the oil levels are correct and balanced and check the stearing head setup as well as balance the wheels. Regards from Durban RSA.

jan.strydom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 07:36:38 AM »
Bryan, I hope the quote is in Rands and not $$$$ - because I see them around 450$ each?? and then to ship them to you in SA.

keep us posted boet!!

Bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 07:05:48 AM »
Hi Jan, Ja Boet I'll check this out carefully. I have decided that R2600 is my budget and I will consider going R200 over that. If they arrive at a price much above that I'll say thanks but no thanks. As far as the time factor, who knows, everything is crazy around here with the hype for the world cup going on and the country wide strikes going on who can tell. The wife works in the Port here in Durban and it's been "Gates Closed" since last Monday, almost two weeks and still no settlement in sight. They are trying everthing possible to get the containers in directly required for the world cup. The unions have taken full advantage with the world cup kickoff being just a few weeks away to put their demands out there knowing the massive pressure which they could bring to bear on the establishment. Anyway, we'll see how things turn out. Regards fron Durban RSA.

jan.strydom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 07:06:14 AM »
Good luck on all counts!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()