Author Topic: Voltage Regulator.  (Read 701 times)

Skoota

• View Profile
Voltage Regulator.
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »
Does anyone here know where the voltage regulator is on a 2007 Kymco Exciting 500R?

If so could you let me know. I have tried to find it in the workshop manual and online and on Google and I can get pictures of it but not where it is or how to get at it.
Please help
!

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Voltage Regulator.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »
If your setting on the bike, it would be located right under your right thigh. It's under the plastic piece that runs just under the seat mounted on the inside of the metal frame. If your bike is not charging, then it is more likely the stator. Have it tested, I put on a new V Reg, and it was the stator, not the V Reg. Bought one and installed it for nothing.   :-*

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »
Right thigh, or maybe a little further back? Like around the middle or back part of seat. Its been a while. Take off plastic and storage boot and you will see it. Easy install. :-*

Skoota

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:57 AM »
Thanks gents. The light only comes on when the headlights are turned on, but when the parking light is on all seems well. Although I broke my drive belt yesterday and thast may be a more immediate need to fix issue.

If your setting on the bike, it would be located right under your right thigh. It's under the plastic piece that runs just under the seat mounted on the inside of the metal frame. If your bike is not charging, then it is more likely the stator. Have it tested, I put on a new V Reg, and it was the stator, not the V Reg. Bought one and installed it for nothing.   :-*

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »
How many miles were on the belt?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()