Author Topic: xciting goes street fighter  (Read 1373 times)

speedee86

• 2012 Kymco Xciting 500 RI ABS
    • View Profile
xciting goes street fighter
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »
My xc500 has gone street fighter. Replaced OEM antler mirrors with bar end mirrors and removed the windshield. (The windshield UV layer was orange peeling so removed to try and refinish it and liked the look ) :)
always leave yourself an exit incase you get stuck in a pinch. RIDE SAFE!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: xciting goes street fighter
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
I like it MUCH better.

You may wind up changing the bar ends to hang below the grips. I had to because I was constantly hitting them when they were mounted like yours.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

speedee86

• 2012 Kymco Xciting 500 RI ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
I like it MUCH better.

You may wind up changing the bar ends to hang below the grips. I had to because I was constantly hitting them when they were mounted like yours.

thanks zombie. i do to. and yes i have noticed that i do bump them with my wrist when moving the bike around or taking my hand off to wave at the kind drivers when the move to let me pass. i am adjusting but i my rotate them a bit to avoid that. maybe this weekend.

oh and i found where the windshield really makes the difference in the wind. up to about 70mph... no problem above that around 80+, wow wind lol, can really feel it. not really turbulent but feel it pushing on your chest and head. quite exhilarating haha. still like the look with out.

still gonna try and refinish the windshield so i can have it on hand if im planning on a long haul or something. also though of when i get it all sanded and polished, maybe iu can have it trimmed to help keep the lopro look but still have a bit of wind deflection. we will see. right now, enjoying it way too much. the bike seems to turn more heads when i fly by. think people are looking at it trying to figure out what the heck it is lol.
always leave yourself an exit incase you get stuck in a pinch. RIDE SAFE!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »
It's a much cleaner look w/o the shield.
Something about scooters makes them look tall in the first place.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 10:33:44 PM »
Nice job.  It looks likeit's crouching, getting ready to punce.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()